• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Mercurio

Reaction score
You say select a half size smaller than normal shoe size. Do you mean like dress shoe size or are you saying the typical half size down from normal sneaker size? If I'm a 6.5 in AE, am I a 6 in CU?
Their advice is quite accurate and is related to the last used by each model. For instance, my normal dress shoe size is 7.5 and I wear 7.5 (6.5 UK) with their Soho last but 7 (6 UK) with their 312 last. On the other hand, I wear size 8 with my Adidas sneakers.

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
I picked a pair of LWB from Cobbler Union, I am very happy with them, you can instantly see the attention to detail, the leather quality and that "brand signature" or "je ne sais quoi" that I can see in all CU's shoes (the quilted heel cup, clicking and brogueing, the pattern, etc). I got a sizing session with Thomas and his advice was very acurate.

The museum calf shows it's character with early morning sunlight but changes a lot with less light (last picture). I was looking for a pair of versatile LWB to dress up or down and I think I got them:

IMG_1943.JPG
IMG_1946.JPG
IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1949.JPG
IMG_1950.JPG
IMG_1994.JPG

Cobbler Union

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You say select a half size smaller than normal shoe size. Do you mean like dress shoe size or are you saying the typical half size down from normal sneaker size? If I'm a 6.5 in AE, am I a 6 in CU?
Their advice is quite accurate and is related to the last used by each model. For instance, my normal dress shoe size is 7.5 and I wear 7.5 (6.5 UK) with their Soho last but 7 (6 UK) with their 312 last. On the other hand, I wear size 8 with my Adidas sneakers.
Hi @OldTown , we mean dress shoe size. What is the 6.5 AE model? And the last?

Thanks!

London_UK

Reaction score
Is Cobbler Union worth the extra £80.00 Import duty to the UK? I ordered the Renoir in mustard, so Total cost is going to be almost £400.....

View attachment 1543403
So, due to the excellent customer service, and I do mean excellent, I ended up paying the VAT and all.

First impression, it looked slightly darker so not really mustard (French mustard) but a shade of Tan (Dijon mustard), which was ok and not a deal breaker.
These come with shoe tree, and shoe trees were ok but I thought they might be chukka shoetrees like the ones I got from Meermin when I got my Chelsea boots.

Fitting, as described on their website, they run on the tight so if you have slightly wide feet definitely take a 0.5 size bigger.
Pics of creases after first wear.. The left foot proved quite a pain, and had to wear them with normal thin socks.
It is taking its toll to break-in, so I thought a second wear would help. That is when it proved that it is not easy, blisters in a couple of places on both feet, to the extent that I didn't wear shoes the following day !!!

So first trial, 4-5 hrs walk, acceptable for a first try, no blisters or major discomfort. Second wear just under 2hrs, blisters on both feet, round the heel and big toe and 4th toe which I have never before experienced !

Second lot are the pictures without flash and these are closer to the real look/colour.

At the end, I do not regret buying them, they do look elegant and I suspect once they have have been worn a couple of more times they would be ok. I will be using different shoe trees, but I am reluctant to buy another pair...

If they manage to open a selling point in UK, it might be worth the risk, in the sale.
But ordering from EU and with all the VAT it comes up to almost same price as a Crockett & Jones !!!!

But the customer service was exceptional, proper customer service, they went the extra mile to resolve the problem.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cobbler Union

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

We are excited to announce DUE Bianco has just arrived from Portugal!

The white sneaker is no longer just a street-style favorite, but instead has become a closet staple for any time of the year. With warmer months upon us, most may agree it's time to add a pair (and, a back up pair) of minimal white sneakers to your footwear rotation.

The DUE Bianco pairs perfectly well with anything and everything in your closet: light colored chinos, dark denim for a stark contrast, or even linen shorts. Alternatively, don't just stop at casual, style the Bianco with your favorite tailored suit for the spring and summer weddings ahead!

Look at the DUE Bianco as the foundation you can build any outfit from - grab your pair now!

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-02 at 22.50.08.jpeg

Reactions: jms

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.