• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craftedpig7

Reaction score
CU... just received my brown museum calf loafers. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!

I followed your sizing guidelines on the site but haven’t bought dress loafers in a lonngggg time. Most say loafers should be snug out of the box with no heel slip... how much stretch should I expect? I’m a 10 in all AE shoes that fit me well so I ordered the 9.5.

Any advice on how these should feel out of the box? Just want to make sure if I need a 10... that I meet the return/exchange period.

Thanks!

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Just took the plunge and ordered the new Alex UR II on the wide last.
Of course, in my excitement I ordered a slightly wrong size so hoping I can amend that asap. I called a few minutes later but I think they are closed for the day.
Alex UR II.jpg

Dichnotfu

Reaction score
Of course, in my excitement I ordered a slightly wrong size so hoping I can amend that asap. I called a few minutes later but I think they are closed for the day.
View attachment 1037281

They look great! I'd be interested in the grained calf Alex myself but my feet is so narrow it's going to be too large for me.
Don't forget to share the pictures when you receive them :)

Daniel__G

Reaction score
CU... just received my brown museum calf loafers. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!

I followed your sizing guidelines on the site but haven’t bought dress loafers in a lonngggg time. Most say loafers should be snug out of the box with no heel slip... how much stretch should I expect? I’m a 10 in all AE shoes that fit me well so I ordered the 9.5.

Any advice on how these should feel out of the box? Just want to make sure if I need a 10... that I meet the return/exchange period.

Thanks!

Hi!! Henry V, good choice!! It is true that all our Italian Museum leathers are gorgeous.

From what you say 9.5UK is the size we would have recommended you.

How they should feel out of the box? I personally like they are snug out with no heel slip, but this is really personal.

Bear in mind they will stretch a little bit but not much. So if you feel them small or you feel some pain when you try them on, please contact us and we will proceed he exchange, no problem.

Otherwise, enjoy them! [emoji6]

Daniel__G

Reaction score
View attachment 1037281

Dear Staxxx1, do not worry. We have just seen your email. We’ll exchange and go back to you asap.

Looking forward to know your first impressions when you get them!

Thanks a lot!

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Perfect. Thank you for taking care of it.
If it fits well then I want to get the Miguel UR III also in black when I can......

Daniel__G

Reaction score
INTRODUCING ALEX UR II
Limited quantities available for immediate deliveries

Comfort + Style

This all-terrain long-wing derby is inspired by the principles of urban design. Offering a unique combination of elegance, function, and comfort, Alex uR II pays homage to New York, London and Paris - and the many other great cities of the world.

Take a closer look.

The Alex uR II is made with an exquisite dark brown museum calfskin sourced from one of Italy's best tanneries.
The marbling effect is amazing and the shoe looks different depending on the light and time of day.

The Alex uR II is fitted with Dainite® rubber soles, giving this great derby great traction and versatility on all terrains.

Inside, this classic derby features burgundy lining as well as Cobbler Union's exclusive quilted heel cup.

The Alex uR II is mounted on the 312 last, our roundest last, offering a very comfortable fit, even for men with wider feet.

To take maximum advantage of the Alex uR II this fall, consider wearing it with tailored charcoal pants or corduroys - in any color. And, of course, for a more casual look, the Alex uR II feels right at home with a nice pair of blue jeans.

ALEX UR II - FEATURES
Traditional Goodyear-Welted Construction
British-made Dainite® Rubber Soles
Top-Grade Italian Brown Museum Calfskin
Burgundy Calfskin Lining
Quilted Heel Cup With Soft Cushion
312 Last

Please, use this threat to comment on the model
and/or ask any questions you might have.

Or e-mail us to [email protected]

We will be more than happy to answer to you and share with SF community.

Thanks,
The Cobbler Union Team

Logo_CU_1024x1024.png

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Introducing UNO Bianco

Deliveries beginning of November.

Pre-Orders 20% Off using Code "UNOBIANCO20".

The UNO Bianco is the true definition of what happens
when minimalism meets craftsmanship.

Inspired by the principles of urban living & design, the newest addition to the UNO low-top sneakers offers a unique combination of understated elegance and comfort. With much anticipation, we are excited to finally introduce the UNO Bianco to StyleForum members.

To experience UNO Bianco firsthand at an even greater value, use code "UNOBIANCO20" at checkout to receive 20% off.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Introducing UNO Bianco

Deliveries beginning of November.

Pre-Orders 20% Off using Code "UNOBIANCO20".

The UNO Bianco is the true definition of what happens
when minimalism meets craftsmanship.

Inspired by the principles of urban living & design, the newest addition to the UNO low-top sneakers offers a unique combination of understated elegance and comfort. With much anticipation, we are excited to finally introduce the UNO Bianco to StyleForum members.

To experience UNO Bianco firsthand at an even greater value, use code "UNOBIANCO20" at checkout to receive 20% off.

A picture of them side to side from above would be helpful, to see how they would look like on foot.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
A picture of them side to side from above would be helpful, to see how they would look like on foot.

Thanks for your feedback! We are working on it. It is difficult for us with the means we have to take this type of picture because of the lack of contrast between the sole and the background. But we are aware of the importance.

Meanwhile, I am posting the only one we have. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads