• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cobbler Rekommandation in Hungary or in the EU

Attila Varga

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a nice pair of Florsheims, they heavily worn, but nothing unfixable. I tried a local, reputable cobbler, but they butchered the sole instead of fixing them. (I am really disappointed, these beautifull shoes are desacralized and I paid nice money for it) I did a better job on my AE-s, when I resoled them as a home project. Now they literally look worse than before the "repair". (I can't feel fury anymore, just emptiness). When I have time and strength, I will post pictures about the repair. (Viewer discreation is advised) I want them to be fixed as fast as possible and forget this. Does anyone knows a really good shoe repair service in the city, or a send in shoe repair service in Europe? For a complete refurbishment.
IMG_20200113_174045314.jpgIMG_20200114_080842059.jpg

thomas199023

Reaction score
These guys were recommended to my by JR Rendenbach via their Instagram DM.

They post some stunning results on their Facebook page. They're based in Netherlands though, but might be worth a try, or shoot a DM to JR Rendenbach to see if they have any recommendations in Hungary.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

thomas199023

Reaction score
I actually tried the Dutch store I posted about in February.
Very happy with the work they did.

IMG_2644.JPG

Attila Varga

Reaction score
Because of the shutdown in Hungary, I had to go home project again. The welt was beaten up, (and was cut in some places, yuck) so I had to be very careful with the glassing and the sanding, not to reach the stitches, so the sides are not perfectly flat, but they look fine. This was about 10 hours of hand work, but it was worth it. (I experimented with the fiddle back.) I wore them a few times since I finished them and walking in them like walking on clouds.
IMG_20200319_202300553.jpg
IMG_20200319_201620501.jpg
Oh and the original "resole". My favorite is, when they stitched every second hole only. The heels were moving, so it was really easy to remove them with a spoon handle. (They cut the the nail heads).
IMG_20200307_180900811.jpg
IMG_20200311_220102102.jpg

Attachments

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.