• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clueless 15 year old (need tips)

SneakyNerd

Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty stumped on what clothes to get and I'm fed up of looking like I'm a hobo. I'm quite short, skinny, Indian and I pretty much have hit puberty late (very early stages) so I probably will grow sooner or later. Anyway I was thinking of wearing a casual hoodie, t-shirt, chinos/jeans, hi-tops and maybe a snapback. I'm not one with much money (parents buy my clothes) and I don't really care for expensive brands, as long as it looks good. I live in the UK so teens wear urban stuff.

Just an idea of what I'm looking for below, could you guys tell me if it looks ok and any other suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hoodie:

Shirt:

Chinos/jeans:

Shoes:

jakeypotato

Reaction score
No graphic tees.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only buy the following brands, lest you be regarded by your peers a pleb.

Rick Owens
Attachment
Geller
Silent
KVA
Common Projects
MMMargiela (Sneakers)
Visvim
Dior
Yohji Yamamoto

SneakyNerd

Reaction score
That must mean all my peers are plebs... Just regarding all these posts as trolling at the moment.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'll be real with you.

To start, get some good solid T's, a good couple pair of quality jeans, and some minimalist, attractive sneakers. Something like all white Jack Purcell's are affordable. Your feet haven't stopped growing so I wouldn't invest in expensive ass shoes. Maybe a Clark's Desert Boot ($60 on Amazon after 20% subscribe coupon). Then get some cool jackets.

High School is tricky since so many kids' ideas of what looks good can be way out there. The kids at this local high school... all the girls wear those midriff-showing puffy jackets with apple bottom jeans. And the guys wear jeans below their ass with tacky skate shoes. Also, if you start dressing like a Styleforum user swagged out in Rick, you're probably going to look ridiculous.

Read the WAYWT thread once in a while and check out some styles you like. You can build from there.

SneakyNerd

Reaction score

Alright, I'll be real with you.

To start, get some good solid T's, a good couple pair of quality jeans, and some minimalist, attractive sneakers. Something like all white Jack Purcell's are affordable. Your feet haven't stopped growing so I wouldn't invest in expensive ass shoes. Maybe a Clark's Desert Boot ($60 on Amazon after 20% subscribe coupon). Then get some cool jackets.

High School is tricky since so many kids' ideas of what looks good can be way out there. The kids at this local high school... all the girls wear those midriff-showing puffy jackets with apple bottom jeans. And the guys wear jeans below their ass with tacky skate shoes. Also, if you start dressing like a Styleforum user swagged out in Rick, you're probably going to look ridiculous.

Read the WAYWT thread once in a while and check out some styles you like. You can build from there.

Thanks for these posts, I looked around some shops today, and I've tried on a-lot of clothes even if I didn't particularly like them (some of the ones I didn't like actually looked good on me). Used your advice Distorbiant and brought two sets of clothes I like . Anyway sucks to be in my school where you have to wear uniform. Although I'm happy to be wearing my clothes outside of school instead of hiding myself in a tacky jacket and jeans 24/7. I've brought some hi-tops instead of shoes/boots due to them just looking weird on me. Can young people have class anyway? :s

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads