1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clubs: what do you wear to them?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imageWIS, Aug 14, 2006.

1. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

Just a stripped shirt?

It has to be more than that.

2. Rome

Rome Senior member

Put simply it’s an attitude embodied by a uniform. Jockish, fratboy, douchbaggery rolled up in a generic stripy untucked shirts, cheesy jeans, and square toed shoes (shinny, poorly made square toed shoes). For added flavor add a backwards baseball hat, flip flops, and/ or spiky hair. You could also get your eyebrows plucked so you look like someone around you just pooted.

3. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

Just a stripped shirt?

Oh, there is. It's a whole lifestyle.
    [​IMG]
    [I just noticed when I posted this image that it's on a synagogue home page?!]

4. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Senior member

Just a stripped shirt?

a&f, badly distressed bootcuts with sandals, hemp or shell necklaces, bad gelled hair, that whole frat boy jockish mentality, basically a good portion of the males that populate clubs, with no sense of individuality or taste, american jackass.
    if you need more of an explanation you might be one[​IMG]

5. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

For some reason I thought the term was meant to describe people that emulated Johnny Knoxville's style. ie aviators, trucker hat, graphic tee, jeans, cowboy boots & wristband.

took it too literally huh? [​IMG]

NY club scene is very different from most places though. So you see EVERY and ANYTHING here. Depends where you go.

6. Smooth Genes

Smooth Genes Well-Known Member

yeah minneapolis has a huge amjack population.

7. blackplatano

a&f, badly distressed bootcuts with sandals, hemp or shell necklaces, bad gelled hair, that whole frat boy jockish mentality, basically a good portion of the males that populate clubs, with no sense of individuality or taste, american jackass.
    if you need more of an explanation you might be one[​IMG]

Not even close, but almost anything is better than being like you.

8. cultpop 0217

Not even close, but almost anything is better than being like you.

what is that suposed to mean?
    you dont even know me.
    your the kid asking all the questions.
    im just trying to give you an idea what it means.
    if you dont "get it" its your prob punk.
    maybe you aren't an amjack but you definately are a JACKASS.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Cultpop and blackplatano, back down guys. blackplatano, cultpop did not call you an Amjack (who the hell came up with that abbreviation anyway?), so no need to tell him off. And cultpop, no need to retaliate and call bp a punk or a jackass.

Whatever. In any case, any further shitsligging here or in any other thread is going to get someone timed out.

Oh, and about dressing up for clubs: I generally wear what I wear anyway, and I generally hate clubs with dress codes (why should I let some 350 lb dude in a bad suit judge my style anyway?) but occasionally I do the reservoir dogs thing (no sunglasses though), or on my odd occasions in Vegas, I do Vegas - black suits, dark silk shirts, sunglasses, the whole deal. Think caricature of the movie Asian gangster.

10. blackplatano

what is that suposed to mean? you dont even know me. your the kid asking all the questions. im just trying to give you an idea what it means. if you dont "get it" its your prob punk. maybe you aren't an amjack but you definately are a JACKASS.
    I might not know you, but i [Edit] enjoy looking at your package[/Edit]. I've seen [male] ballerinas [/Edit] and frankly, I like them [/edit]. You have [edit] nice [/edit] shit [edit:delete] too bad I Don't [edit:delete].

11. Wade M

Wade M Senior member

lol, funny how a biffo nearly started in here....like all the drunken fights in clubs. [​IMG] I wear clothes to clubs [​IMG] --Wade

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Okay, blackplatano, when I say cut it out (which is seldom) I fucking mean it. Do not try to get in the last fucking word. It's not like I'm not going to have to go back and edit your post so that you sound like a moron.

For the record, I don't care if you don't like one another's styles. Don't sling shit on the forum. Take it to PM if you feel the need.

13. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Cultpop and blackplatano, back down guys. blackplatano, cultpop did not call you an Amjack (who the hell came up with that abbreviation anyway?), so no need to tell him off. And cultpop, no need to retaliate and call bp a punk or a jackass.

Whatever. In any case, any further shitsligging here or in any other thread is going to get someone timed out.

Oh, and about dressing up for clubs: I generally wear what I wear anyway, and I generally hate clubs with dress codes (why should I let some 350 lb dude in a bad suit judge my style anyway?) but occasionally I do the reservoir dogs thing (no sunglasses though), or on my odd occasions in Vegas, I do Vegas - black suits, dark silk shirts, sunglasses, the whole deal. Think caricature of the movie Asian gangster.

You like it the Johnnie To look?

14. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Okay, blackplatano, when I say cut it out (which is seldom) I fucking mean it. Do not try to get in the last fucking word. It's not like I'm not going to have to go back and edit your post so that you sound like a moron.

For the record, I don't care if you don't like one another's styles. Don't sling shit on the forum. Take it to PM if you feel the need.

What did I start? Sorry Fok...next time I'll think before I start a new post in the Streetwear forum [​IMG].

Jon.

15. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

we straight gansta' - boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

[​IMG]

edit: didn't mean to quote you per say Jon, just a general statement.

16. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

we straight gansta' - boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

[​IMG]

Thanks, but you're not Fok (or Brian for that matter) I'd rather get a response from them.

Jon.

17. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

i wear a t-shirt and jeans. i let my moves impress the ladies.

18. Pete

Pete Active Member

Anywhere in Chicago that isnt lame frat/AmJack shit? Transfering to Illinois Tech this fall, and don know many bars or places to go..

19. jet

jet Senior member

Yes lots of amjacks (starting to like that word haha) and not many pimp fools in chicago, you won't have much competition trust me.

20. cultpop 0217

Anywhere in Chicago that isnt lame frat/AmJack shit? Transfering to Illinois Tech this fall, and don know many bars or places to go..

there are some cool places. depending on the night smartbar can be alright and exit is a standby. definately no amjacks there but lots of leather and mohawks.