1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clubs: what do you wear to them?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imageWIS, Aug 14, 2006.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I like going to listen to techno / trance and my friend like to go to clubs that have hip-hop. Now, he doesn't get how people cannot wear the American Jackass look when they go to clubs. I don't get how people can wear the Am Jack look. I think it might be a mentality connected to the atmosphere of the music. So my question is:

What do you wear to clubs?

Jon.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

"clubwear" kind of lends itself to the amjack thing by default. I don't have "clubwear," because I automatically think of 7 Diamonds and square-toed shoes and shit like that.

I just wear my normal clothes. jeans, military style stuff, hoodies, etc. etc. though I tend to layer more / dress more specially when I'm going out.

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Depends on the club really. The place I frequent plays mostly electro, futurepop, ebm, post-industrial et.c. Either go with trim vintage military look, which I often wear anyway, or dark shirt, boots & finely pinstriped trousers.

4. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

the only clubs i go to are indie rock clubs, or some freestyle sessions. i could go naked and it woulldnt matter. might meet more girls that way actually........ i might try that.

i wouldnt go somewhere with a dress code.

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I dont go to clubs that AmJacks frequent...usually just mod (soul, garage, beat), rockabilly, or indie so variations of my daily wear works for these venues as well. I dont think I could go to a normal club where "normal" people go.

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I dont go to clubs that AmJacks frequent...usually just mod (soul, garage, beat), rockabilly, or indie so variations of my daily wear works for these venues as well. I dont think I could go to a normal club where "normal" people go.
    Yeah, see that’s my problem too. Rap / Hip-Hop is ok once in a while. But you know what? I like Rock, Alternative, etc… and I like Trance. It’s in my nature and I can’t deny it. My friend can’t figure that out. Jon.

7. nomovement

nomovement Senior member

for the record I only go to venues and dive bars. am-jack asses make for poor bar buddies and always seem willing to fight until you're outside. why don't you just look at the misshapes website (www.misshapes.com) and tone it down a whole step keeping in mind that some people look at this website for fuel for hating (http://www.gawker.com/news/blue-stat...ose-193490.php)

8. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

T-shirt, jeans, Chucks. Wouldn't go anywhere that wouldn't allow that.

9. Max

Max Senior member

Sequins, glitter, velvet, makeup, hairspray, and sweat.

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

heh whats kind of funny is that indie clubs are starting to go really heavy on mainstream rap. i'd say like a third of all the clubs i frequent (super divey places, no cover, cheap drinks) have been playing tons of mainstream rap. To be honest everything is a welcome change from the overdose of the Smiths and Joy Division that I've been hearing so much of.

11. VMan

VMan Senior member

12. Flame

Flame Senior member

Attack of the clones!

I don't really like clubs, but if I have to set foot in there, usually try for a rocker vibe. And I always try to get good arm-candy of course.

13. Matt

Matt Senior member

[​IMG]
    ahh MarlboroMan, we hardly knew ye.

me, I wear Chucks, Jeans, tee or shirt.

14. afaludi

afaludi Senior member

Bape, Red Monkey jeans, the big Gucci glasses, and the purple timberlands

15. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

can somebody say what an american jackass really is. And whats wrong with them.

it's a club, you are suppose to be flashy. Nothing wrong with that.

16. nomovement

nomovement Senior member

heh whats kind of funny is that indie clubs are starting to go really heavy on mainstream rap. i'd say like a third of all the clubs i frequent (super divey places, no cover, cheap drinks) have been playing tons of mainstream rap. To be honest everything is a welcome change from the overdose of the Smiths and Joy Division that I've been hearing so much of.

well these are the days of post irony. in the past, all the cool kids stole from black culture and pretended to come up with it. Nowadays we all just steal from the culture our predecessors stole and sold back to black culture...its like a double negative i think.

17. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

How would wearing the same untucked stripped shirt, A&F jeans and clunky shoes than everyone else accomplish that?

18. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I think Vman did a good job of explaining what amjack is/was

19. Rome

Rome Senior member

20. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member