• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Shoes?

tigerx

Reaction score
i've been wanting to buy some new shoes (nice enough to go out clubbing but still casual enough for me to wear around town) for around a month now, and i'm not quite sure what to buy, i've been wearing alot of skate shoes + adidas sneakers before, but i don't think those are acceptable when go out clubbing. i've been thinking about maybe Puma? or wallabees, but what do you guys think i should buy?

btw, i will mostly wear dark straight legs jeans + shirt or polo.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerx
i've been wanting to buy some new shoes (nice enough to go out clubbing but still casual enough for me to wear around town) for around a month now, and i'm not quite sure what to buy, i've been wearing alot of skate shoes + adidas sneakers before, but i don't think those are acceptable when go out clubbing. i've been thinking about maybe Puma? or wallabees, but what do you guys think i should buy?

btw, i will mostly wear dark straight legs jeans + shirt or polo.

More casual chelsea boots would be my choice, or perhaps some more trendy derbys. Some clubs won't let you in if you're wearing sneakers.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
for a nightclub, you want a nice dress shoe that is in black, that is sleek, grown up, and preferably an italian style shoe. and for more materialistic crowds like LA a nice luxury brand name is fine as well.

IMGP1679.jpg

any one of these black shoes can be nice at a nightclub scene.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
for a nightclub, you want a nice dress shoe that is in black, that is sleek, grown up, and preferably an italian style shoe. and for more materialistic crowds like LA a nice luxury brand name is fine as well.
IMGP1679.jpg
any one of these black shoes can be nice at a nightclub scene.

Dude brian, those are going to get torn up at a nightclub haha You need something crappy like these Dolce and Gabannas...
dg003w-du0552_p.jpg

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends entirely on the club you are going to. Trendier clubs almost always require shoes without large tread (or too similar to boots). Personally I never wear anything super nice to a dance club because way too often when I come home and see the damage the next day it isn't pretty. I would just get some midrange black beaters that are easy to polish out the damage.

To more trance/EDM clubs I usually can get by with my puma or asics and it saves your feet. Dancing till 5am in shoes can be rough.

vanity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
Depends entirely on the club you are going to. Trendier clubs almost always require shoes without large tread (or too similar to boots). Personally I never wear anything super nice to a dance club because way too often when I come home and see the damage the next day it isn't pretty. I would just get some midrange black beaters that are easy to polish out the damage.

To more trance/EDM clubs I usually can get by with my puma or asics and it saves your feet. Dancing till 5am in shoes can be rough.

Agreed. Your high quality shoes are gonna get beat the **** up in a club. They'll get stepped on, spilled on, etc. It's a quick way to ruin something.

And like he said, it all depends on the club. At EDM/house clubs I'll wear anything from Pumas or Adidas to cowboy boots, depending if I feel like dancing or just lounging around getting shitfaced.

Keep your dark jeans, ditch the polo for a tee-shirt or "urban-casual" button down, and dry some Diesel sneakers. Things might be different in NYC, but in Chicago it's all dirty. Good dark jeans, fitted tee-shirt, and trendy sneakers.

MrSmith2U

Reaction score
Sir,

The shoe one wears entirely depends on the membership profile, and the history of the establishment.

When I visit The Army and Navy Club, for instance, a typical shoe I wear is my hand grade Belgrave, in chestnut. Whereas when the ladies are not in attendance, at The City of London, for example, I like to dress a little more sombrely with something like an Oxford Bedford, in black.

My sorties into 'club land' are somewhat infrequent nowadays. Alas, one feels impelled to maintain the under-used subscription, for appearances sake.

yours,

Smith.

vanity

Reaction score
Comfortable socks are also important. Note my choice here. WHITE COTTON
1000293mediumai7.jpg

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
Comfortable socks are also important. Note my choice here.

WHITE COTTON
1000293mediumai7.jpg

Ha the watch is so 2003...

MrSmith2U

Reaction score
Sirs,

Beverage spillages have only ever been a very minor inconvenience in my experience.

One is reminded of an unfortunate incident in The Army and Navy in the mid-nineteen eighties when Seppings upset a newly opened bottle of Burgundy. Although no members' footwear was involved, the carpet stain remained until the early nineteen nineties when it was replaced.

Seppings was getting on in years and one cannot confirm whether or not he is still in attendance.

yours,

Smith.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
Comfortable socks are also important. Note my choice here.

WHITE COTTON
1000293mediumai7.jpg

Nice boots Vanity - although I've actually found that wearing socks made for hiking to be more comfortable than standard white tube socks as they slip around less on your feet.

And WTF type of clubs is MrSmith hanging out at?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Dude brian, those are going to get torn up at a nightclub haha

You need something crappy like these Dolce and Gabannas...

dg003w-du0552_p.jpg

oh, that kind of nightclub!

i thought you guys were talking about like a more upscale or jazzy type of nightclub.
i dont know.

i dont mind my black shoes getting torn up. i have too many of them.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
oh, that kind of nightclub!

i thought you guys were talking about like a more upscale or jazzy type of nightclub.
i dont know.

i dont mind my black shoes getting torn up. i have too many of them.

In Italy 'nightclub' refers to rather sordid lap-dancing/pick-up places. They quaintly refer to the UK idea of a club as a discoteca. Makes for interesting conversations when first arriving in the country.

tigerx

Reaction score
hmm dress shoes might be a tad too dressy, btw i'm only 19 so i dont' want to look too old.

btw what exactly is a "urban-casual" button downs?

thnx for all the advices

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads