• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

club/party wear

jean_connoisseur23

Reaction score
my friend is throwing a party and its a rock inspired one(with bands and all that) next friday and i need to find a style,here is what i'm thinking:

brown morphine generation l/s tee
paul smith white embriodered l/s shirt
dsquared belt
dolcegabbana peace jeans
diesel amhearst kicks

any advice is appreciated...ty

Reaction score
Less frou-frou labels.

Jeans (something LEVIs-ish), plain t-shirt (pref. dirty, in black or white), trucker/biker-ish belt in black or brown, converse chuck taylor his, vans or boots.

Oh, and paste on a vacant look-------no smiling.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
depends on what kind of rock they're playing. but ddml has got it covered.

roll a pack of cigs in your sleeve and chainsmoke- best paired with the vacant look. hahaha

Wade M

Reaction score
Leather pants, if you've got em
tongue.gif

If you've got any cuffs/spikes/chains, bring them out.

A dog chain (metalic loops), between your back belt loop and pocket is also pretty rock.

Rock is accessory heaven
smile.gif

ALso, i'd probably go a ramones or PUSA or some other old skool rock shirt....

(I'd go PUNK, cheap to buy to stand out :p)

--WadeM

rnrswitch

Reaction score
I'm kinda thinkin if you have the vacant look (with no smiling) you can't have the ramones shirt. You gotta have a t-shirt of some band that nobody has ever heard of. Preferably of minimalist design. not too much graphics. It doesn't even matter if you like the band, just that you are so much more underground than any other person at the show. Hell you don't even want to be there cuz you are sooo over the scene and are only there for the love of the music.

Goblin

Reaction score
"i need to find a style"

This statement is what worries me. Well, it doesn't actually worry me. But you risk looking like a total poseur or fashion victim if you try to kit yourself out in a Rawk Costume with all of your Rawk Clothes on at once. "The whole thing smacks of effort."

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnrswitch
You gotta have a t-shirt of some band that nobody has ever heard of.
The best way to ensure this is to fabricate a fictional band. If anyone tells you "hey, cool band" then you know he's a poser.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
alabaster base and a priest robe

jean_connoisseur23

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wade M
Leather pants, if you've got em
tongue.gif

If you've got any cuffs/spikes/chains, bring them out.

A dog chain (metalic loops), between your back belt loop and pocket is also pretty rock.

Rock is accessory heaven
smile.gif

ALso, i'd probably go a ramones or PUSA or some other old skool rock shirt....

(I'd go PUNK, cheap to buy to stand out :p)

--WadeM

i'm definitley NOT going punk..i'd like my style to rock, not to look like a rocker...great brit bands and underground bands are comin, and i do not want to look bad on this one.i live in laguna,OC so people are kinda upscale there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads