• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco

robasaurus

Reaction score
I love Club Monaco. I do most of my casual shopping there because they're about the only place in my area that consistently has stock in XS, and it fits small enough for me too. But I find the quality there to be pretty decent for the price - much better than anything else in a similar price range as far as mall brands go.

As a side note, I just found out that they've fired their lead designer and replaced him with a guy who supposedly was Thom Browne's assistant. So their whole "Thom Browne Jr." look is apparently going even further starting pretty soon.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever bought anything there at even 50% of retail aside from a belt, but I have gotten a lot of serviceable things there at deep discounts during sales.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incredibly overpriced.
Blazers for $400.00 ???

No thank you.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is overpriced at retail. But on sale some of the stuff isn't bad, like v-neck cardigans and sweaters.

They have surgeon's cuffs on thier OTR blazers and suits. I've never purchased or worn one so I can't say what they are like, but I imagine is a decent cut.

awxg

Reaction score
I bought some white cords for CDN$20 from them a few months ago. Good quality, button fly, good fit, great deal.

wetnose

Reaction score
Overall, I'm really disappointed with the quality. Not to say the whole collection is crap since I did buy a nice pea coat in brushed cotton last year. You're much better off at BR, Zara or H/M.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, it's one of the few places I can get xs sweaters (other then H&M, but better quality), and 36 suits that fit pretty well OTR. The quality's so-so and their stuff is reasonably classic. I'd say 1/3rd of my wardrobe is from there, but never at full retail though! http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...9&postcount=19 I used to work at the store... not that I knew much about clothes at the time (ironic, no?). My opinion on CM is that in general they stuff is pretty good, there are some pieces that are just awsome, and always a few that are a total miss and end up on rediculous clearance. to substantiate my claim of "pretty good", what I mean is they're decent stuff, BUT NOT AT THE FULL PRICE. Stuff at normal price is way overpriced when it comes out, but ALWAYS GOES ON SALE. so if you're willing to wait a while, $129 pants end up being $89, then $59 (about the point I buy them) and eventually sometimes down to $19 if they're totally out. Shirts at $89, same deal. Often can be found at $19. At those prices they're worth it. So basically i often stop into the store quickly to see what's new that I like, remember to look for it in about 2-3 months, and check the clearance rack. I also shop off season, so right now I just picked up white jeans and shorts for $20 each, previously $130 for the "jeans". but at $20, why not.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
Overall, I'm really disappointed with the quality. Not to say the whole collection is crap since I did buy a nice pea coat in brushed cotton last year. You're much better off at BR, Zara or H/M.

I like the cut of some of the reasonably fashion forward Zara and H+M, but it's certainly not better quality in terms of the materials. The suits feel much softer and seem to be made of better quality wool at CM.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
I like the cut of some of the reasonably fashion forward Zara and H+M, but it's certainly not better quality in terms of the materials. The suits feel much softer and seem to be made of better quality wool at CM.

Exactly, I concur (I always wanted to say that!). They're similar cuts to Zara+H&M but higher priced but definately better quality. Also, I sorta feel a bit "classier" shopping there whereas Zara+H&M feels more like wading through piles and piles of poorly constructed hipster stuff that may or may not end up making me look like an idiot. C.M. generally has pretty normal stuff, although they always bring out a few "push the envelope" pieces.

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have purchased a few things from there. As others have said, decent stuff but only for the sale prices.

However, their return policy is terrible. Don't quite know the specifics, but if I recall all sale items are final sale?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics