1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Sorry, no - mine were ordered from the Canadian site and shipped within Canada. I'm a US resident currently on holiday in Canada.

2. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

My MIA blazer came with a hanger but no garment bag. I didn't know they were supposed to also come with a garment bag!

3. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

OK thanks. So the assumption right now is that the Canadian website will only ship to Canadian addresses. Was your billing address in the U.S.?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  4. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Unfortunately the Canadian website will only ship to Canadian addresses. My purchases were made with a Canadian credit card with a Canadian billing/shipping address.

5. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Looks like the U.S. folks are out of luck then.

6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Yes... lame.

7. althanis

althanis Senior member

I can proxy for someone if they'd like. I'd just charge whatever the actual cost is, and once it's not like 3-4 pairs of shoes.

8. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

for those looking for chino/pants similar to the Davis fit, I find that RL's straight-fit pants has a very similar fit/cut.

9. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Anyone own the connor fit in chino's? I've only tried them on and they were very slim, however as with all cotton it stretches out. My davis when it stretches out is not ideal

CAn you tuck in your shirt with the connor's? Or does it billow out because it's low rise?

10. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

(as you know) I bought 2 pairs of the same pants, one in a Conner and one in a Davis and found the conner much slimmer - thighs, taper, etc. 28 Davis I can wear, straight slim no prob, the same size conner is too skinny even for me and I wear tight shit. Just a data point.

1 person likes this.
  11. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

My bad forgot.

Looks like another 40% off sale.

12. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

13. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

Bah. I ended up buying the Golden Bear leather jacket at full price. I regret nothing.

14. althanis

althanis Senior member

15. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Not sure how come they went so fast but compared to some of the pricing of Mark Mcnairy's I suppose they're good?

I actually tried on one of the suits from the new august arrivals and it fit pretty damn perfect if anyone was wondering

16. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

I'm not sure if there's info on this, but for the staple grant wool suits i) are they half canvassed? and ii) what's the quality of wool (S100, S120, etc.)?

Thanks!

17. Jonnynathy

Jonnynathy Member

Wright or Grant?

18. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Grant

19. Studiofan

Studiofan Active Member

Finally went to a CM store in NYC to try some stuff out. I came in with the intention to buy a few cheap blazers (sub $200). Was pleased to find a grant fit in brown linen and a blue cotton for $129 so net $100ish with my student discount....:)

Now the story really starts...

The sales guy was extremely helpful and insisted I try the Made in USA collection, I was a bit hesitant because even on sale the blazers were $400 so triple the price of the normal ones. But after putting on a MIA (Made in America) blazer I can't go back, the fit and finish was awesome. It sat 100X better than the normal grant fit blazers and the cut was superior as well. I walked out with a MIA Chocolate Brown Blazer, a MIA Houndstouth Blazer, a couple davis/connor pants to go with the blazers and a sweater. Net cost was $700 with student discount, so a lot more than I wanted to spend but not bad for effectively two fully canvassed made in america suits.

20. Jonnynathy

Jonnynathy Member

Got any pics?