1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. althanis

althanis Senior member

Why don't you just order something extra to get the free shipping and then return it in store?

2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

3. ctu92

ctu92 Senior member

Anyone on here grab one of the "Clipper" Jackets from 2012? Looking for this in a large, would love to buy one if it's not getting any wear:

[​IMG]

4. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Has anyone noticed that CM has cut the Davis chinos significantly slimmer recently? Picked up two sale pairs and one full price (with a student discount), the full price one (which I assume is the current season) is much slimmer in the legs.

5. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

I noticed that Club Monaco has been cutting everything considerably slimmer lately. I used to wear mediums there and now I have to go with larges even though Im the same size in every other brand. I also recently tried on a blazer and I now have to go to a 42 where I used to fit the 40. Its strange how they have started cutting things so slim that its basically the same as going down a size from what they used to sell. A few different brands have been doing that lately. People really want slim fit I guess.

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I am currently wearing a Davis slim fit from maybe 2 years ago and agree that the new ones are slimmer, not a crazy amount, but a bit more taper. BTW the Conner's a completely different cut (duh). I accidently bought a pair of those since they were in the same color pile at the store and the same size was way too tight.

7. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

I actually wouldn't mind a slimmer Davis fit. Is the waist still high up? I felt the waist was a bit higher than I would have liked. I'm giving away the pair I have.

8. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Davis cut is perfect IMO.

Scooped this on sale:

[​IMG]

9. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

I found the newer ones to have a slightly more aggressive taper, which I quite like. I plan on taking my other pairs to my tailor with the newer pair to get the taper copied.

Waist and rise appear to be the same, the difference is in the leg, it's a bit slimmer and more tapered.

10. knocksteaady

knocksteaady Well-Known Member

sadly the 40% at eatons is now OVER.

11. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

I just got a pair of Davis for $9 last week.

Unfortunately, the waist is still higher than I prefer.

12. bellyhungry

13. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

What size are you?

14. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

I was going to suggest the Rancourts since the Roots chukkas are almost certainly made in some communist shithole (i.e., China or Vietnam), but the photos on the website surprised me with a "Made in Canada" stamp on the sole. I don't think you can go wrong with either pair.

15. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

I tried on my pair again just to see if I would change my mind about them, but tucking in a shirt with them, on my body, just doesn't work. Waiting for J.Crew's chinos to go on sale.

16. bellyhungry

17. irbe

irbe Senior member

I would suggest Rancourt all the way. Not that I've seen that shoe, but I've seen Roots other Made in Canada footwear and I have not been impressed. Rancourts are miles ahead. To be honest if you are buying shoes, I would suggest sticking with a company that makes shoes rather then an apparel company (which is what roots is more known for)

18. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I've found part of my summer uniform. Behold, the Davis lightweight slim fit chino rainbow, bitches!

(well ok only 7 pairs)

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

20. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

1 person likes this.