• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

mysterymeatpete

Reaction score
^we actually did but it sold out like a month or two ago..small sizes went out mad fast :/

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the patterned crew neck sweater is on sale on the website, but it doesn't list a price. Has anyone seen it on sale in the store?

Suicmez

Reaction score
There's a size L duffle coat (in grey) on sale for $99 at the store in London. If anyone would like a proxy just PM me.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha I tried on that exact jacket a couple weeks back and passed on it since it was just a little wide in the body. For 99 less student discount it would be a good buy.

malaujai

Reaction score
So the online store (at least the canadian one) started carrying Filson bags... Only have the beige colours and only have the travel bag, briefcase and tote...

Travel bag is $335 CDN... They've got a sale right now where $300+ purchases are 30% off... so it would come to 234... Good deal?

Last edited:

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So the online store (at least the canadian one) started carrying Filson bags... Only have the beige colours and only have the travel bag, briefcase and tote...

Travel bag is $335 CDN... They've got a sale right now where $300+ purchases are 30% off... so it would come to 234... Good deal?

Ask in the Filson thread.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the slim-fit oxfords and wool sweaters fit? The size charts make it look like I should size down one from my typical size (M).

malaujai

Reaction score
I'd say both fit TTS

The oxfords are typically long, however, so if you plan to wear them untucked you might want to take that into account. I'd say for an XS oxford, you'd probably need to be 5'8" ish to wear untucked without it looking too long...

I find the sweaters usually have a boxy fit to them, but still TTS...

warrenjl1

Reaction score

Does anyone know how the slim-fit oxfords and wool sweaters fit? The size charts make it look like I should size down one from my typical size (M). 

I'm kinda in the same boat. There's a couple of slim fit shirts right now that are really calling my name. I'm a medium in Gitman Vintage, but usually size down to a small in J Crew regular fit stuff. Think I can safely go with mediums in the CM slim fit stuff?

suaviter

Reaction score
Do the chinos fit TTS?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chinos run 2 sizes large for davis cut. Size 32 has 34" waist.

Potsnu

Reaction score

Just stumbled into the CM location at Yorkdale Mall in Toronto and was pretty impressed with the store and the collection. Seems like they're moving into the J Crew territory with both the lay out of the store, mens section at least, and the types of patterns, and styles in comparison to previous years. They also seem to be offering some items that are outsourced to other clothing makers that do it better, but bear their logo. Either way, I really liked what they have and would keep more of an eye for them next time i'm in the market for some new items. I had recently bought a plaid button up, really like the pattern, pretty unique and not as boring as some other stuff out there, like Banana Republic, Gap, etc.

Loving this shirt. Rocking it tonight
http://www.clubmonaco.ca/product/in...7536&cp=12266410.12280856.12770911&ab=viewall

You're joking right? That's one of the worst stores for CM from a guy's perspective. It's narrow and it's small. I get your J.Crew analogy but I rather haev a large section like Eaton's Center.

malaujai

Reaction score

You're joking right? That's one of the worst stores for CM from a guy's perspective. It's narrow and it's small. I get your J.Crew analogy but I rather haev a large section like Eaton's Center.

Was talking to one of the sales guys there and they mentioned that the Yorkdale location is higher up in the pecking order in terms of getting more limited items. Not sure if this is true, I haven't been to the Eaton Centre location in a while... I did notice the Yorkdale location has the McNairy footwear though...

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Its true, Yorkdale does sell more of the third party stuff. Bloor street has a good selection of third party stuff also

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads