1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. namgungh

namgungh Active Member

Just dropped by eaton location and spotted two xl and three xs only, couldn't wait and just used student card to get 20% off on one of xs :)
    I found each xs had slight different fit, I picked the one that fit me the best, thanks for the info!

2. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

3. TheBlackDonDraper

TheBlackDonDraper Senior member

When do you is the next sale?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4

4. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

In the US, probably Memorial Day. Not sure what the next holiday is for the Canadians.

5. FrenchDouchebag

FrenchDouchebag Member

It's actually now. Yesterday, I bought 4 pairs of Connors chinos for a total of 68$ CAD. Not bad. Hopefully they fit well though. Most of the pants I own are 32 (x34) and that's the size I picked.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

yeah we're having a 30% off everything sale this weekend here in Toronto, so assuming that applies to Canada.

also, not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet but the webstore stock is quite different from store stock. Sometimes even the promotions/prices. So just because it's sold out online doesn't mean it is too in stores. Also, all stores can check the stock at any other Canadian store and I believe for $7 you can have anything sent to you from any store. One of my best insider tips!

7. althanis

althanis Senior member

The Made in America blazers were full price in store, and $399 online, with a further 30% off. I ordered the houndstooth to try out, as in store they didn't have 36R.

CM online also has Rancourt beefroll penny loafers for $219 (full price $325) here:
    http://www.clubmonaco.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=12621742&prodFindSrc=search

I think that's a great price.

Neither the student code or the Victoria Day code are working though. Not sure if you call in if you'll be able to get it to work.

8. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

I don't think promos (codes) apply to "third party" items. That's part of the fine print for the student discount, and I assume the same goes for other promos.

9. althanis

althanis Senior member

Ah ok. It's still a pretty good price for Canada.

10. Master-Classter

+1. I've been scoping out Ernest Alexander bags and Wolverines for a few years now. They will occasionally mark down 3rd party items but discounts never apply.

11. SmellBlind

SmellBlind Active Member

12. althanis

althanis Senior member

Ah okay. If I didn't have a pair of penny loafers already, I'd jump all over those Rancourts.

13. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

I went to the store on Bloor. The shoes aren't mark down in store however, the SA is willing to match the online price.

I am debating whether I should get the penny loafers or the ranger moc. Both are on sale....

14. SmellBlind

SmellBlind Active Member

Good to know, thanks.

15. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Anyone have the linen shorts? How are they? Do they stretch a lot?

16. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Does linen usually stretch? I have found that linen shrinks when machine washed.

17. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

I think the actual linen fibers don't stretch much, but linen often seems to be woven more loosely which causes it to get sort of misshapen over time. That might not be the case here, I was just wondering.

18. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Agreed.. I've always found linen to shrink… and of course it gets wrinkled easily, but I do have linen shorts (got at Bloomie's, I think they are Henry Cottons) and I love them in the summer. They are loose, a little baggy but very comfy when it's hot.

19. althanis

althanis Senior member

I see online CM Canada has a Golden Bear motostyle leather jacket for a grand. I checked the Eaton Centre store and they don't have it, but I would've only considered it if the student discount worked though, which it doesn't.

I ordered a ToJ a couple weeks ago, so just about 45 weekends more to go.

20. Master-Classter

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I just saw it a few days ago at the Bloor street location. It's the sort of navy one with no collar and just two side pockets? $1025 or something? Looked pretty cool, though not much of a liner, and $1K come on. Even snapped a pic (it's not this dark IRL):

[​IMG]