1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. althanis

althanis Senior member

Nah that's not it, the tag, price and material are all different.

I'll try to take a photo of it tonight, but capturing the colour is a little challenging.

Rocket, I don't usually buy stuff at full price, and in this case I got 20% off as a student, so yeah. But I plan on keeping the tags on, to see if it appears online and ever goes on sale.

But the moment I saw it I loved it, it's really chunky, and the flecks add a lot of visual interest. It's pretty similar to this actually, and as you can see $200 is pretty much the going price:
    http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...ulet-crew-neck-fisherman-sweater-flecked-navy

2. sholom

sholom Senior member

Its right here online I believe. Its quite nice as I saw it in store yesterday. http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/i....12280933.12454392&ab=ln_men_apparel_sweaters

3. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

I thought Club Monaco was bad quality. Now, at $89 a dress shirt? Seems high.

4. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

If you're paying retail you are doing it wrong.

1 person likes this.
  5. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

6. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

Nope, I already got some reigning champ tiger fleece and w+h large loop for this season haha.

7. althanis

althanis Senior member

8. althanis

althanis Senior member

The XS hoodie is already sold out, looks like it's a hit. I don't plan on getting one though. I'd like to pick up a nice hoodie at some point, but it's not a priority.

9. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

10. dmass1

dmass1 Senior member

11. althanis

althanis Senior member

Description says it's cotton, not wool. The collar is also kinda flimsy-looking.

12. dmass1

dmass1 Senior member

I thought donegal was common with wool, which is why I said I would have thought it would be 100% wool (especially at that price point). I checked it out in store the other day and it's like 20% cotton and the rest is polyester and some other synthetic material I can't recall.

The collar is not too flimsy in my opinion, and my main concern is the material. Is the material a sign that the shirt won't hold up well after some wear and washes?

13. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  14. althanis

althanis Senior member

Was it acrylic? Either way, I usually prefer my clothing these days to be without nylon and acrylic. If it's something you really want then you should get it, but I'd advise not to get it at full retail.

I don't think that synthetic material will make it less durable, in fact I think I've read that it adds durability somewhat.

15. dmass1

dmass1 Senior member

It may have been acryclic...

I can get the shirt at a 20% discount, but it's still steep at 100$.

I'm not so concerned with durability in the sense of whether the shirt will literally fall apart or not. I just worry about buying a 100$ shirt that, when put through the wash a few times, looks like crap because of the synthetic materials. This is an area I know almost nothing about, and don't think I own any shirts that aren't 100% cotton.

16. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

17. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Can anyone comment on how the 5-pocket cords fit, particularly waist-to-thigh ratio?

Epaulet Rivet Chinos work great for me. Most J. Crew cuts are so vanity sized in the waist that if I size down there enough, the thighs are too tight.

18. sholom

sholom Senior member

19. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

I walked into the CM in Philly and they removed all of the men's clothing. It's all womens! WTF? The saleslady said that they might be opening a separate men's store in Philly but that won't be for a while.

Where is the closes men's store? NYC?