• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Just got the email announcing new mark-downs in store.
Can anyone report the new prices for these two outwears if they plan to visit a local store?

I'll check them out today or this weekend for sure, iirc the bottom piece was already on sale, so should now be an extra 30% off, the top jacket was regular price so should now be 30% off that as well.

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
man i havent been in a CM store in like 3 years but you guys are really talking it up making me wanna visit the georgetown store

Do it! they have some nice stuff, I hadnt been there in ages too and was pretty surpriced and a bit impressed, grabbed one piece at retail and waiting for sales to grab at least 5-6 more, I especially liked the sweaters, sport coats, slacks and suits, bd shirts arent bad either, retail is high but still worth it on a few items, most are only worth it on sale though.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok well at least here in Canada theres no further sale right now, everything is as it was since a couple weeks ago, the bottom toggle thing was still reduced to 299 but not further, didnt see the other jacket though.

riskyrukus

Reaction score
Need to double check with the other Torontonians around here. I checked out STC and saw the duffle coat in person but found that the rope they used was not as shown like the one from the club monaco website (which looks like black leather). Instead I saw that they used actual rope, completely threw me off guard as i was willing to purchase but backed out (I was real set on the leather portion). Any confirmation on this with the other locations (downtown or promenade mall or fairview)?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Just my take on things but most of this season's stuff seems rather UNclubmonaco-like. They're usually just simple colors and classic designs with a couple of random colors per season and a few funky pieces thrown in for fun but now they're much more like a Polo or J Crem IMO. The textures, features, colors especially. I'm not saying it's bad, but just sort of surprising.

I quite like it.

Originally Posted by Master-Classter
They also seem to carry some other branded goods, like Ray Ban sunglasses, Levi Jeans, Clark DB's, and I just saw Barbour waxed cotton jackets! (Eaton's Center). Does that strike anyone else as moving in a weird direction? I mean how often does the GAP or someone start bringing in many other branded pieces?

Seems to work well for J. Crew so why not? Lifestyle branding and all that.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by canstyleace
Speckled green and cream are on my list as well.

Waiting for those sweaters to hit mark down... hopefully they will go to the 50 dollar mark.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, good question. I recently bought a blue flannel (not plaid, just solid blue) from CM. It's the first thing I've bought from there in a long time. Correction: it's the first thing I've bought and kept. I tend to buy stuff there because it's cheap, decide that I don't really like it that much and I only bought it because it was cheap, and return it.

Originally Posted by bluemagic
http://www.shopbop.com/designer-inde...4302178980.htm

^ Why this instead of a real online store?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by riskyrukus
Need to double check with the other Torontonians around here. I checked out STC and saw the duffle coat in person but found that the rope they used was not as shown like the one from the club monaco website (which looks like black leather). Instead I saw that they used actual rope, completely threw me off guard as i was willing to purchase but backed out (I was real set on the leather portion). Any confirmation on this with the other locations (downtown or promenade mall or fairview)?

I've been to 4 locations recently, eaton/queen-w/yorkville/yorkdale, all brittle rope, same for the wool toggle cardigan, kills it for me too.

riskyrukus

Reaction score
I've been to 4 locations recently, eaton/queen-w/yorkville/yorkdale, all brittle rope, same for the wool toggle cardigan, kills it for me too.
Yeah definitely kills the look for me, in my mind I thought I was looking at a toggle from a previous season. Thank you for the reply.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Ok well at least here in Canada theres further sale right now, everything is as it was since a couple weeks ago, the bottom toggle thing was still reduced to 299 but not further, didnt see the other jacket though.
It's the same price I saw last weekend. I guess I have to wait until Jan after all. About the rope, can it be replaced by leather at a cobbler's? BTW, there is a pair of thick tweedish pants I dig a lot. The price last week was 129 discounted from MSRP 169.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ sorry meant to say there's NO further sale right now, edited now.

And I have no clue about replacing those toggles, I'd look for something else really, not worth the trouble imo.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
BTW, there is a pair of thick tweedish pants I dig a lot. The price last week was 129 discounted from MSRP 169.

picked these up the other day, really liking them. Had been looking for some heavy-weight wool pants for winter. They're only available in the straight (I think its called 'kennedy'?) fit; which is pretty loose, but its proportional so sizing down works pretty well. I sized down from a 30 to a 28, which had about a 7.5 hem.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anything interesting that someone in ny should keep an eye out for?

damn shoulda bought some stuff during black friday though their shirts sized xs and s were 20 with 30 percent off... but i figured since it was summer type material, it would be useless. Thicker flannel type was 40 with 30% off.

kind of regret it haha

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
picked these up the other day, really liking them. Had been looking for some heavy-weight wool pants for winter. They're only available in the straight (I think its called 'kennedy'?) fit; which is pretty loose, but its proportional so sizing down works pretty well. I sized down from a 30 to a 28, which had about a 7.5 hem.
Great info, thanks.
I might go back and check them out next weekend when the final week ends.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought an oxford BD for 51 bucks after student discount. These mofos fit perfectly and I now have found my staple buttondowns. For the price, theres really no reason to buy gitman or any other brand. The construction seems pretty good too for 51 bones, so I can't complain. Was tempted with the duffle but didn't want to drop 300 on it, hopefully it will hit deeper discounts. The SA I talked to said come back in about 2 weeks and they are likely to discount more before they roll out the second holiday season stuff. If you go to www.clubmonacolookbook.com they have some of the new stuff online. The varsity jacket looks ******* sweet, hopefully the price won't be too crazy. Also, I really liked the sweatpants there and they were nice and slim fitting. I will probably ask for the fleece blazer for christmas too, fit was pretty nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads