• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by the Bloor location today. It seems as if the Davis fit has not been marked down yet as it was still listed at $69. Also stopped by the Bay and picked up the Dockers, but didn't try them on again. Those are listed at $79.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stopped by the Bloor location today. It seems as if the Davis fit has not been marked down yet as it was still listed at $69. Also stopped by the Bay and picked up the Dockers, but didn't try them on again. Those are listed at $79.

The bay had a 30% off last week. Strange how they wouldn't mark down the davis. I can check tomorrow for you if they did indeed mark it down tomorrow.

I wore the Kennedy for an entire day and man do I love the quality of these things, can't go wrong for the price point.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The bay had a 30% off last week. Strange how they wouldn't mark down the davis./quote]

Do you mean the Dockers? I tried them on again today. They're actually pretty tapered, more so than the Davis fit. I wonder if they would stretch, because with my belly, there's not much room in the waist, and the size up is quite a bit bigger.

pinkformen

Reaction score
Anyone know of any sales currently going on in the city? I'm looking for everything from shoes and belts to jackets and shirts

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bay had a 30% off last week. Strange how they wouldn't mark down the davis./quote]
Do you mean the Dockers? I tried them on again today. They're actually pretty tapered, more so than the Davis fit. I wonder if they would stretch, because with my belly, there's not much room in the waist, and the size up is quite a bit bigger.

I'd image all pants do stretch.

aizan

Reaction score
what kind of rise do the linen shorts have? i'm ok with 1-1.5'' below the bellybutton, but not much further than that.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I went to the Eatons and they were still 69 bucks, but website says 49.50 wtf....

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up 2 shorts as I'm going on a cruise next week, down from $49 to $19 and down from $69 to $40.

Lots of sizes and selection left.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I went to the Eatons and they were still 69 bucks, but website says 49.50 wtf....

I just noticed the price drop too. Maybe they just haven't labeled the pants yet. Usually they'll at least add a sign.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any reviews of the CM suiting? need a quick/cheap throw around suit and wondering if it fits the bill. how slim is it?

deciding between CM or Rugby i guess

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

any reviews of the CM suiting? need a quick/cheap throw around suit and wondering if it fits the bill. how slim is it?
deciding between CM or Rugby i guess

Button stance is very high on CM jackets and they are pretty short - If you can get the Caruso stuff from Rugby, that's probably a better bet.

Rangoe

Reaction score
Yes - this. I tried on a charcoal Made in America suit the other day - beautiful, but ruined by a high button stance.

Plus, the student discount doesn't apply.

Not for me.

lofigeek

Reaction score
I've gotten the student on suiting.

Good knock about suiting for my purposes.

Biggest issue: surgeon's cuffs make arm length alterations impossible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads