1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

Was just in the newly opened store at south coast today and it was alright. When I caught sight of the store I remembered a cardigan from cm I'd seen on a guy somewhere on the internet and I was like "yeah" so I went in and scoped everything out. I was also super hungry and a little depressed so for now I think of it as a cheaper hipper jcrew. I wouldn't buy anything there except a t-shirt or a cardigan, so if they only sold variations on t-shirts and cardigans I'd be stoked

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

anyone know where i can find the Neppy Twill Trouser in 28? i have a pair that i need to sell now cuz the tailor hemmed them :(. i asked him to slim the leg throughout to the leg opening but he also hemmed it and its too short for my liking

28x30 available for cheap if anyone wants

3. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

They're kind of in that space already. I'd prefer that they didn't go more in that direction.

4. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Senior member

I think by "modern slim fit" mostly they are referring to a "modern collar", a smaller and streamlined collar that doesn't look overwhelming versus the face when you do the fully-buttoned look. Also, the armholes are higher and fit is marginally slimmer. The shirts are already pretty slim as it is.

1 person likes this.
  5. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Senior member

Maybe it's just an exception, but the CM store where I live is pathetic. Looks like a Banana Republic outlet and makes me wonder where all the cool #menswear CM stores are.

6. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Where do you live? I think it really depends on how many locations you have available to you, although I haven't noticed a huge difference in quality when it comes to the stores. There is still a lot of overpriced stuff. And I find most of their shirts just don't fit all that well.

7. UrsusREX

UrsusREX Member

Have any of the taller SF members had positive experiences with Club Monaco clothes? I'm 6'6" and usually wear a 36/35 (I'm probably actually a 35 inseam, so I end up un-hemming/re-hemming 36/34s or 36/36s).

8. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Overpriced yes. Thats why you never buy anything in that store at retail, I just wait for the sales and plus my cousin works there so discount :slayer:

I find for casual stuff their clothes fit the best along with J crew. My wardrobe is full of CM stuff.

9. althanis

althanis Senior member

Yep, I'd never buy anything there full price. Right now they've got 40% off sale items, and lots of sizes are still available. I really wanted that navy seersucker blazer, but missed it in 36.

10. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Fear not. In 3 weeks there will be more stock. That mac coat actually went on sale, what do you think of it? When i tried it on a few months back it fit well.

11. onbooze

onbooze Senior member

I am 6'2" (so not quite so tall) and wear 32/34 normally, but am quite skinny. Club Monaco's Medium fits me well for sweaters but the shirts tend to be a bit baggy. Some pants fit me very well but they tend to be a bit short on inseam.

12. Golf54

Golf54 Senior member

will they add more to the sale? im bummed i missed the mac coat

13. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

nm...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  14. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

It's perfectly fine when bought on sale. Last item I bought from CM was this sweater (looks better on me, and I wear it with a shirt)

[​IMG]

Their shirts tend to be too long, I find. They pretty much need to be worn tucked in.

15. althanis

althanis Senior member

If we're talking about the same one, I didn't like the big patch pockets.

16. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

17. althanis

althanis Senior member

Looks fine I guess, though not at that price. Not something I need in my wardrobe.

I've moved into a smaller place, so apart from the obvious issue of spending too much money, I'm also trying to just buy the things I need and are versatile.

1 person likes this.
  18. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

anyone try on the "modern slim fit" vs their normal slim fit?

19. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

Copped the varsity, black on black.

Price is 450, not 595.

20. Golf54

Golf54 Senior member