• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like their leather backpack and the donegal wool knit sweaters. Will buy when on sales.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$300+tax, afaik only available in charcoal and only in certain locations, ******* thick and silky smooth though, totally worth it imo, even better if it goes on sale.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by canstyleace
$300+tax, afaik only available in charcoal and only in certain locations, ******* thick and silky smooth though, totally worth it imo, even better if it goes on sale.
That explains why I didn't see them in my local stores.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
That explains why I didn't see them in my local stores.

Out of 4 locations I checked out recently only 1 had it, and only had 1 xs, so I jumped at it.

deadstock23

Reaction score
Did anyone check out their peacoat? Hows the quality?

peacoatmonaco.jpg

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadstock23

I didn't pay much attention to it because I have two peacoats already.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadstock23

peacoatmonaco.jpg

It's not 100% wool; a mix with nylon. Also, the lining doesnt seem warm for extreme cold conditions.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Just got the email announcing new mark-downs in store.
Can anyone report the new prices for these two outwears if they plan to visit a local store?
CM5.png

CM4.png

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
I heard they are bringing it over to the UK , im soo waiting for it. My mother bought me a jumper from the store in NY 2yrs ago i still love it
wink.gif

Psydelik

Reaction score
Was just in a CM today and I must say, ontop of customer service being damn good, they're easily the best mall-brand. The sweaters are pretty awesome and the shirts fit me like a glove and are decently priced. Will definitely shop there more often.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just my take on things but most of this season's stuff seems rather UNclubmonaco-like. They're usually just simple colors and classic designs with a couple of random colors per season and a few funky pieces thrown in for fun but now they're much more like a Polo or J Crem IMO. The textures, features, colors especially. I'm not saying it's bad, but just sort of surprising.

They also seem to carry some other branded goods, like Ray Ban sunglasses, Levi Jeans, Clark DB's, and I just saw Barbour waxed cotton jackets! (Eaton's Center). Does that strike anyone else as moving in a weird direction? I mean how often does the GAP or someone start bringing in many other branded pieces?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
polo parent company wants to fight the popularity of jcrew so upped it up a lil???

man i havent been in a CM store in like 3 years but you guys are really talking it up making me wanna visit the georgetown store

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
They also seem to carry some other branded goods, like Ray Ban sunglasses, Levi Jeans, Clark DB's, and I just saw Barbour waxed cotton jackets! (Eaton's Center). Does that strike anyone else as moving in a weird direction?

Those are trendy classic brands right now, cm is trying to be legit and sell some clothes. I like this season actually, some nice sweaters and cardigans. Better than their usual black and white stripes.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
They also seem to carry some other branded goods, like Ray Ban sunglasses, Levi Jeans, Clark DB's, and I just saw Barbour waxed cotton jackets! (Eaton's Center). Does that strike anyone else as moving in a weird direction? I mean how often does the GAP or someone start bringing in many other branded pieces?
I never seen them in store. They seemed to be in women's section IIRC based on their email newsletters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads