• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't need their slim fit because the buttons around the chest strain too much and it looks awful. Their cuts are pretty slim already, so you won't have a problem....I can't buy CM shirts if they're slim fit, but if I go up a size they're too big. Their clothes are made for thin dudes.

They do have Classic and Slim fits; maybe you can try the Classic?

CanuckBassist

Reaction score
I wish they would make more in the classic fit. I didn't see too many for spring/summer.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed before I used to be a size small in their sweaters, now I put on a SML and it's swimming on me. I'm now a XS.. When did this happen?

shudes

Reaction score
I got their khaki unstructured cotton sport coat at the beginning of the spring with the 20% student discount and it's held up great so far. I recently bought a pair of cotton navy trousers and they did free alternations too. Just got 'em back and they fit and look pretty great. If you're a student, it's probably one of the best brands out there that offers a student discount.

Dear Leader

Reaction score

I noticed before I used to be a size small in their sweaters, now I put on a SML and it's swimming on me. I'm now a XS.. When did this happen?

It's probably that particular style. I'm XS in most of their sweaters but some XS are too big for me.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on a Wright fit blazer today and like the fit. But the fabric is cotton which I am not a fan.

Does anyone know which CM location in T.O has the best suit selection? Bloor St, Eaton's Center, Queen West?

Last edited:

lofigeek

Reaction score
Check Bloor first, then Eaton Centre. Usually very limited suiting at Queen West.

The website has alot of selection too, free shipping/returns over $175 too i believe.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's probably that particular style. I'm XS in most of their sweaters but some XS are too big for me.

Yeah in the outwear I'm a XS. Does wonders for my EGO :)

I know this question was asked before, but does anyone work at the Eaton's location?

acarlton

Reaction score

If this wasn't mentioned already, college students can get 20% off the merchandise on the site (I believe this includes all sale items as well). Even if you're not, as long as you have an .edu email, I believe it should work- just apply for it at the bottom of the site.

Do you get a reply from CM offering 20% off, or does it just come off automatically when you purchase something? I signed up for the emails and just got an email offering free shipping...

acarlton

Reaction score

Do you get a reply from CM offering 20% off, or does it just come off automatically when you purchase something? I signed up for the emails and just got an email offering free shipping...

Nevermind... I found it :fistbump:

acarlton

Reaction score
How often does this stuff go on sale? Oggling over the Carlyle Chambray http://bit.ly/KQd5Fs and thinking I may buy now w/ the student discount, and then buy again if it goes on sale w/in 60 days and "return" the new one as the first one I buy.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Club Monaco in Waikiki is Closing down. Everything is 30% off including sale items. Made in USA raw jeans were under 40 from 130.

sgo8

Reaction score
Student discount is now only eligible with a valid university/college e-mail address apparently. A student card is no longer enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads