1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. randomnycdude

randomnycdude New Member

yessir, if its $99 at any other location at the Queens Center store it is $49.50 (50% off on top of the markdown price) safe to say things usually sell out the say they go on sale... time to make friends with one of the sales associates ;)

2. althanis

althanis Distinguished Member

CM has another 30% sale items, quite a few things still available at the Eaton Centre store, but I'm sure that's about to change.

3. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior Member

Eaton Centre had decent selection this afternoon, but moving fast. Bought a plaid button down for 22 bucks after tax (regular 90 bucks haha).

4. hrb

hrb Senior Member

what?! there is nothing going on in Van. :mad::censored:

5. hrb

hrb Senior Member

While people are making long shot WTB's in this thread, if anyone has a cashmere grey ellington top coat from 2010 in a 36...

6. randomnycdude

randomnycdude New Member

The Queens Cneter store always has 50% off, occassionaly it will switch to 30% off but only for a few days. Customer demand makes them switch right back to 50%. Give the store a visit or a call. It's worth it!!!

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Distinguished Member

anyone find that olive puffer vest fitted kind boxy and had low armholes? I really wanted to like it but even an XS didn't seem to fit very well...

8. Cambel

Cambel Active Member

Has anyone seen the Made in USA OCBD on sale or have any experience with them for that matter? $140 seems awfully high...

9. Essential

Essential Senior Member

If this wasn't mentioned already, college students can get 20% off the merchandise on the site (I believe this includes all sale items as well). Even if you're not, as long as you have an .edu email, I believe it should work- just apply for it at the bottom of the site.

10. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior Member

A SA told me that Made in USA shirts won't go on sale because it's a third party item. Based on the one shirt that I tried on, it fits roomier in the torso than classic fit shirts.

11. Cambel

Cambel Active Member

Shucks that they probably won't go on sale. Thanks for the info.

12. 7_rocket

7_rocket Distinguished Member

Picked up a sahara? shirt... 30$ off.. Too bad I didn't go on the weekend where they had it on sales plus 30% instead of just 30% off. Meh anyways.

They still have alot of sweaters (cotton, cashmere etc) button down's on sale

Edit..

Here is a pic

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2012

13. Rangoe

Rangoe Well-Known Member

What does everyone make of the Timothy shirt jacket?

[​IMG]

I saw it in person and it has a thicker, almost flannel type feel. Blurry photo here:

[​IMG]

I like it, though I'm not entirely sure how to wear a shirt jacket; is it more the former or the latter? Ie, do you wear it more as just a shirt,even though it's thicker and a tad wider, or s it meant to have a tee or even another, lighter shirt, under it?

14. kimchijajonshim

kimchijajonshim Active Member

Any idea how slim the classic fit is? I know CM has a reputation for being slimmer than the American average, so I'm not sure if I'll still need their slim fit. For reference, I have a 42 chest, a 33-ish waist, and pretty broad shoulders. Zara Tailored fit and Express Extra Slim fit are the best I've found for OTR mall fits.

15. Rangoe

Rangoe Well-Known Member

I don't need their slim fit because the buttons around the chest strain too much and it looks awful. Their cuts are pretty slim already, so you won't have a problem....I can't buy CM shirts if they're slim fit, but if I go up a size they're too big. Their clothes are made for thin dudes.