• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

lofigeek

Reaction score
I was getting stoked when all the new lookbooks had the matty oxford in them; I have a blue one and a blue uni. stripe one that I love.

I got a chance to look at them real up close today and those collars are insanely small, they make the LEC collars look normal! so disappointing!

I think the fabric is also much less substantial than my old matty and reece oxfords.

At least the price has gone down $5.

James_M

Reaction score
I believe they carries some uniqlo t-shirts but that was it.

yw379

Reaction score
I think the matty shirt has 2 versions, one is for summer(thinner) and one is for winter.
The summer version is on sale now

I was getting stoked when all the new lookbooks had the matty oxford in them; I have a blue one and a blue uni. stripe one that I love.
I got a chance to look at them real up close today and those collars are insanely small, they make the LEC collars look normal! so disappointing!
I think the fabric is also much less substantial than my old matty and reece oxfords.
At least the price has gone down $5.

hxh_killua

Reaction score
Would anyone chime in to describe the CM pant fits? (Davis and etc.)

I'm looking for slim fit dress trousers but I don't know their nomenclature.

Marco

Reaction score
Hi lads Just wondering if anyone have an idea where i can get a coat Club monaco was selling last season named modern duffle coat ( for men) They had a plaid navy and grey version on their web site. I bought the navie but wanted to bad the grey but they were sold out. I got such a hot bargain ( $69 down from $369). I still would love to buy the other color, the grey one .Has anybody an idea where if i can get one.Even if its been used but in excelent conditions i would consider i i love the color and style of the coat.Have pictures to send in case requested. Cheers

TimNguyen

Reaction score
Hi lads Just wondering if anyone have an idea where i can get a coat Club monaco was selling last season named modern duffle coat ( for men) They had a plaid navy and grey version on their web site. I bought the navie but wanted to bad the grey but they were sold out. I got such a hot bargain ( $69 down from $369). I still would love to buy the other color, the grey one .Has anybody an idea where if i can get one.Even if its been used but in excelent conditions i would consider i i love the color and style of the coat.Have pictures to send in case requested. Cheers

Have you tried Ebay yet?

LaymanX

Reaction score

I think the same can be said for pretty much everywhere. Regardless, to call it a 'sartorial wasteland' is either ignorance or being entirely misinformed. Even on my short commute home I pass 5 places that carry SF approved brands. The stores are nice too. Dutil has some of the nicest salespeople I've encountered. The new Klaxon Howl spot looks great. Nomad as always is fantastic, both locations. Lost and Found on Dundas is honestly home to the nicest people you'll ever meet and they're relatively new but they've built up some really good inventory, including some exclusives. They also make awesome coffee and have amazing custom donuts on the weekend.
I think the guy who called it a sartorial wasteland was just trying to sound jaded and worldly with the cynicism to score some e-points.

Sorry, I missed this comment. Sure, Toronto has gotten better with Nomad, Dutil, etc.

The issue is that our selections are tiny, prices are 20-30% higher than comparable retailers in NYC. I dunno, not trying to sound like a d-bag, but after hitting up Tokyo, London, Paris, NYC, Chicago, HK in the last 8 months, it's really hard to get excited about the 5-6 racks of SF-approved clothing at the Bay. Anyhow as I said in my original post, I am loving the new CM men's section. :)

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Club Monaco is having a sale this weekend...probably just 20-30% off. However, I went into a store in Socal and they had the sale stuff out already. Grabbed the dip dye fair isle for $100...only had med and larges. Davis chinos were also marked down to 45 or 50.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you by any chance see if the chasmere sweaters were part of the sale?

DXB

Reaction score
If anyone has seen the new stuff they're trying out on Bloor in Toronto, how did you find it? I was thoroughly impressed. Its not unbearable to be there now!

Edit: I should add that apparently they are collaborating with Alex Carleton of L.L. Bean Signature for the interior design of their stores. Trying it out in Toronto, then NY, then everywhere else. So strange for it to come here first, but tis definitely cool.

They carry Tanner Goods, Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots, Barbour, various other brands in that sort of territory along with vintage books and watches. The women's section carries vintage hermes scarves amongst other things. There are old books everywhere lining the walls, nautical paraphernalia, telescopes etc. Really bizarre.

ANND im two weeks late.

Last edited:

James_M

Reaction score
Does the Bloor store carry Trickers? They have pictures of them in the lookbook but they aren't listed on the site. The site sucks so it's impossible to tell what they have.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check my sig for a bunch of CM stuff I am selling.

Open to offers as well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads