Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. lofigeek

lofigeek Well-Known Member

I was getting stoked when all the new lookbooks had the matty oxford in them; I have a blue one and a blue uni. stripe one that I love.

I got a chance to look at them real up close today and those collars are insanely small, they make the LEC collars look normal! so disappointing!

I think the fabric is also much less substantial than my old matty and reece oxfords.

At least the price has gone down $5.

2. James_M

James_M Senior member

I believe they carries some uniqlo t-shirts but that was it.

3. yw379

yw379 Member

I think the matty shirt has 2 versions, one is for summer(thinner) and one is for winter.
    The summer version is on sale now

4. hxh_killua

hxh_killua Senior member

Would anyone chime in to describe the CM pant fits? (Davis and etc.)

I'm looking for slim fit dress trousers but I don't know their nomenclature.

5. Marco

Marco New Member

Hi lads Just wondering if anyone have an idea where i can get a coat Club monaco was selling last season named modern duffle coat ( for men) They had a plaid navy and grey version on their web site. I bought the navie but wanted to bad the grey but they were sold out. I got such a hot bargain ( $69 down from $369). I still would love to buy the other color, the grey one .Has anybody an idea where if i can get one.Even if its been used but in excelent conditions i would consider i i love the color and style of the coat.Have pictures to send in case requested. Cheers

6. TimNguyen

TimNguyen Well-Known Member

Have you tried Ebay yet?

7. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

Sorry, I missed this comment. Sure, Toronto has gotten better with Nomad, Dutil, etc.

The issue is that our selections are tiny, prices are 20-30% higher than comparable retailers in NYC. I dunno, not trying to sound like a d-bag, but after hitting up Tokyo, London, Paris, NYC, Chicago, HK in the last 8 months, it's really hard to get excited about the 5-6 racks of SF-approved clothing at the Bay. Anyhow as I said in my original post, I am loving the new CM men's section. :)

8. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Club Monaco is having a sale this weekend...probably just 20-30% off. However, I went into a store in Socal and they had the sale stuff out already. Grabbed the dip dye fair isle for $100...only had med and larges. Davis chinos were also marked down to 45 or 50.

9. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Did you by any chance see if the chasmere sweaters were part of the sale?

10. DXB

DXB Senior member

If anyone has seen the new stuff they're trying out on Bloor in Toronto, how did you find it? I was thoroughly impressed. Its not unbearable to be there now!

Edit: I should add that apparently they are collaborating with Alex Carleton of L.L. Bean Signature for the interior design of their stores. Trying it out in Toronto, then NY, then everywhere else. So strange for it to come here first, but tis definitely cool.

They carry Tanner Goods, Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots, Barbour, various other brands in that sort of territory along with vintage books and watches. The women's section carries vintage hermes scarves amongst other things. There are old books everywhere lining the walls, nautical paraphernalia, telescopes etc. Really bizarre.

ANND im two weeks late.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  11. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Sorry, didn't see any cashmere sweaters...there were some cheaper ones marked down to $49 but they weren't cashmere.

12. James_M

James_M Senior member

Does the Bloor store carry Trickers? They have pictures of them in the lookbook but they aren't listed on the site. The site sucks so it's impossible to tell what they have.

13. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior member

Yes, they have Tricker's, but only a very small offering

14. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Check my sig for a bunch of CM stuff I am selling.

Open to offers as well.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  15. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I'm tempted to buy the blue cardigan

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011