1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

But with additional 30% off, it seems OK for the price. I'll check it out tomorrow. Ugh, now I desperately wish the coming of the sale season of CM such that I can grab the tweed jacket.
    Ok for the price yes, but why buy something just because its cheap? Unless you're a student on a budget or you really really like it, I'd wait for a better deal on the nicer stuff, just saying.
    anyone know the retail for the nordic raglan crew?
    Got a pic?, not sure which one it is, but last time I was there I literally browsed the entire mens selection and tried on about half the mens items.

2. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

They need to markdown the prices now and have an additional 40% off. I want the purple gingham shirt, cashmere cardigan and maybe a few other things.

3. canstyleace

Once that happens I'll be grabbing like 7-10 items myself.

4. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

Can anyone proxy me a white club collar oxford shirt in XS? My local stores have only L and XL left. The price is $19 with additional 30%off.

5. haiguise

haiguise Senior member

You can ask them to ship it to you from another store. I've had them do that. It comes quickly and I don't think shipping is all that expensive.

6. chenzhongbi

Finally made it to local stores and checked out the items refered earlier. [​IMG] Fair isle sweater. They come in both blue and black. The fabric is meh. On sale at $59. [​IMG] The color of the collar is actually gray rather than blue chambrary I thought based on the pic. The shell color is much darker than the pic too. It's more brown than Khaki. The fabric by British Millerain is good though. On sale at $249. [​IMG] Toggle coat. Looks nice. The rear vent is really deep and can be closed by buttons. A nice touch IMO. On sale at $299. Though on sale, the prices of the outwears are still kinda steep. I hope the latter two could be further discouted 50% in Jan.. At that time, I'll be very happy to grab them. Other than those, 100% wool shawl sweaters are nice. Great hand. Price is OK too at $79. BTW, is the tweed SC everybody has nice words about has a button in the chest pocket? They were marked as S/M/L rather than 38/40/42. I'm not sure I like the button.

7. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

yeah they should mark down their stuff.

$90 chambray is kinda ridiculous considering that its not very thick

8. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

I have this tweed blazer: [​IMG] Probably gonna sell it though since it's a little too tight for me in the midsection. :/

9. canstyleace

Finally made it to local stores and checked out the items refered earlier. BTW, is the tweed SC everybody has nice words about has a button in the chest pocket? They were marked as S/M/L rather than 38/40/42. I'm not sure I like the button.
    I think it's ^ one (The O'HARA), at least that's the one I was talking about, its a pretty nice jacket with a brown/grey mix and the xs fits nice. Some shots if the cashmere shawl cardigan,

10. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Damn thats nice cansty and if women are all over it then I want it as well lol. How much did you get it for and do they come in other colors? Though that color looks nice also.

11. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

i like their leather backpack and the donegal wool knit sweaters. Will buy when on sales.

12. canstyleace

$300+tax, afaik only available in charcoal and only in certain locations, fucking thick and silky smooth though, totally worth it imo, even better if it goes on sale.

13. chenzhongbi

$300+tax, afaik only available in charcoal and only in certain locations, fucking thick and silky smooth though, totally worth it imo, even better if it goes on sale.
    That explains why I didn't see them in my local stores.

14. canstyleace

i like their leather backpack and the donegal wool knit sweaters. Will buy when on sales.

Speckled green and cream are on my list as well.

15. canstyleace

That explains why I didn't see them in my local stores.

Out of 4 locations I checked out recently only 1 had it, and only had 1 xs, so I jumped at it.

16. deadstock23

deadstock23 Active Member

Did anyone check out their peacoat? Hows the quality?

[​IMG]

17. chenzhongbi

I didn't pay much attention to it because I have two peacoats already.

18. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

[​IMG]

It's not 100% wool; a mix with nylon. Also, the lining doesnt seem warm for extreme cold conditions.

19. chenzhongbi

Just got the email announcing new mark-downs in store.
    Can anyone report the new prices for these two outwears if they plan to visit a local store?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. TourbillonTurk.

TourbillonTurk. Senior member

I heard they are bringing it over to the UK , im soo waiting for it. My mother bought me a jumper from the store in NY 2yrs ago i still love it [​IMG]