Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I used to fit in the smalls.Which i still have and they fit great..now the smalls I tried on dont even work.
    And I knnnnnoww I havent gotten fat[​IMG]

So size up? What's the fucking problem? Lots of clothing brands run truer to size than they did years ago.

2. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I don't know why anyone would buy anything for full retail there. If you wait three weeks it'll go on sale. I've had pretty good luck with their sweaters and knits in general, but that's about it. Pants never fit right. Shirts sometimes fit well. The overall aesthetic seems like a good idea, but I rarely find things I'm willing to spend the money on (even on sale). By the way, I hate that Thom Browne shit. It looks like fucking Pee Wee Herman is designing it.

3. MrNiebla

MrNiebla Member

I like their OCBDs - as many before me have mentioned, when shit goes on sale at CM it really goes on sale.

4. Meis

Meis Senior member

Dropped by one of the stores today for the first time since the summer.

-the tweedish sportcoat AR mentioned looks pretty decent, will probably grab once it goes on sale - especially since the stores near me always have xs/36s.

-their shirts fit much better than they used to, the new 'slim' cut is alot better than the old one. The xs in the slim-fit is a lot like my BoO smalls except a bit narrower in the shoulders. Unfortunately they only offer it for the patterned/striped shirts and not for the solid color oxfords.

grabbed a slim military-ish style shirt that was on clearance; also a soft shouldered cord sportcoat they had on sale- pretty good fit and had working button holes w/ leather buttons

5. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

They have a camel colored cableknit cashmere sweater that looks and feels outstanding.

I bought this. I couldn't resist nor did I want to wait for it to go on sale.

6. Desi

Desi Senior member

Dropped by one of the stores today for the first time since the summer.

-the tweedish sportcoat AR mentioned looks pretty decent, will probably grab once it goes on sale - especially since the stores near me always have xs/36s.

ew fat people sizes.

7. gin8u

gin8u Well-Known Member

they really need to make a better website. I dislike CM a bit more everytime i go on their site. it's so hard to navigate.

8. Meis

Meis Senior member

ew fat people sizes.

huh? is that sarcasm?

an xs / 36chest is skinny distance runner status.... not fat people size

9. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

I used to shop there all the time in my late teens/early 20's but now everytime I go I see the pricing and go WTF?! I could buy stuff a little more expensive and be happy with it..It's also has turned into that abercrombie kinda of thing where next seasons its going to be the same thing and I was have this mentality of "ill buy it next time it'll still have the same stuff next year" which has led to me not buying anything from them in years but every weekend i Do stop in to maybe find that item i desperatly need.
    Their old stuff used to be really cool and always stocked up on their basics whether it being their button ups/t shirts and sweaters but after a while their stuff turned a little dingy
    I still have a handfull of clothes now that have actually stood the test of time and look as good as new..The clothes fit me perfectly then and had a slim cut before everyone had slim cuts but now I think they make their clothes for tiny asian men,Which is all I see shopping there anyways now
    But if you have money to blow and the fit is right go for them..qualitys pretty good for basics and I think is better than:gap,BR,Polo.

they are nothing like abaercrombie, they have the decency to not have lame logos on their stuff :p

10. G0079

G0079 Senior member

huh? is that sarcasm?

an xs / 36chest is skinny distance runner status.... not fat people size

Sounds like skinny-fat.

11. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

I bought this. I couldn't resist nor did I want to wait for it to go on sale.

This was the one piece that stuck out to me. I thought the tweed that AR was talking about was nice but I wasn't overly impressed with the quality of the material. But I want that camel cableknit cashmere v-neck so fucking bad though.

12. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

Sounds like skinny-fat.
    [​IMG]

13. Meis

Meis Senior member

Sounds like skinny-fat.

and you were able to come to this conclusion knowing only my jacket size....?

14. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

What do you all think of the navy cardigan in this photo from their site?

[​IMG]

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

^^ Not sure I like the toggle buttons on it but it's not bad. See how it looks in store before buying. Pictures can be deceiving. Looks like they're copying the aesthetic here a little with selvedge jawnz, chukkas, and a shawl collar cardigan.