Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. irbe

irbe Senior member

They have a couple left at Eaton Centre in Toronto. Stock is left from last season. I think they only get one size run in and that is it.

2. steezy

steezy Well-Known Member

The Robson St. store in Vancouver has the Davis cut in khaki, medium grey, and charcoal for $49 -30%.
    I actually like the Davis fit a lot (although my WH chinos are still the best fitting).
    Lots of discounted linen and oxford shirts as well.

I just bought the Davis grey wool pants last week. I'm not sure why some people don't like the fit of the Davis. It's very slim fitting with a low-medium rise. It's my first odd trouser, and the price was reasonable after applying my student discount to the marked down price. It was my first CM purchase as I generally don't like their items and their price point. But lately I have been checking them out since you guys mentioned that their stuff is discounted quite often, and the fit is good.

Which model/style of CM pants do you guys recommend as I'm looking for some more trousers.

3. x_quest

x_quest Member

I just bought the Davis grey wool pants last week. I'm not sure why some people don't like the fit of the Davis. It's very slim fitting with a low-medium rise. It's my first odd trouser, and the price was reasonable after applying my student discount to the marked down price. It was my first CM purchase as I generally don't like their items and their price point. But lately I have been checking them out since you guys mentioned that their stuff is discounted quite often, and the fit is good.

Which model/style of CM pants do you guys recommend as I'm looking for some more trousers.

I can also vouch for the davis... I sized down 2 in the chinos and wool pants. Fit is similar to wings and horns chinos.

4. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

How much did you pick them up for? They were still $89 at my local store.

I've only seen the Davis and Kennedy fit pants recently. They had a Wright fit before but I don't recall seeing it this year. Don't get the Kennedy, it is regular fit and I'd say it fits along the lines of 501s. I sized down 2 and the legs were still too big for my taste.

5. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

Went and looked the other day, I really liked some of the stuff there but their classic fit oxford was blousing even in an extra small. I'm a slim guy but still I didn't like the fit at all.

6. kraands

kraands Senior member

Went and looked the other day, I really liked some of the stuff there but their classic fit oxford was blousing even in an extra small. I'm a slim guy but still I didn't like the fit at all.

Did they have any slim fit oxford's to try on? I have a few slim fit ocbd's in XS and they actually fit quite slim.

7. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

Did they have any slim fit oxford's to try on? I have a few slim fit ocbd's in XS and they actually fit quite slim.

Only in medium, otherwise I would've picked one up. How do the shoulders fit comparatively? Will they hit the same point on a slim vs a classic fit?

8. kraands

kraands Senior member

Only in medium, otherwise I would've picked one up. How do the shoulders fit comparatively? Will they hit the same point on a slim vs a classic fit?

I'm not sure, I've never tried on any of the classic fits, just the slim.

9. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Anybody that works in CM around here? I need something for next week, but want to know if/when they'll go on sale.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

10. steezy

steezy Well-Known Member

I used my student discount so I got it for 20% off the $89 sale price. I haven't found a decent slim fitting wool pants under $100 so I bit the bullet and paid $80 after tax. They also had 100% cotton dress pants, and a 100% polyester pants which I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. Edit- I forgot to mention that I had to size down from my usual 30 to a 28.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011

11. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Yeah, I'm liking my Davis chinos...addtl props for having a 32 length actually measure 32 !

12. Nick0rz

Nick0rz Member

Picked up a pair of the terry cotton shorts for $19 + student discount. Feels nice, and quite a bit cheaper then the W+H one. Also, they have quite a few madras shirts down to $39.

I also saw a blazer I had picked up about a month ago that was now $99, down from the $150 I got it at... Thats life I suppose.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

just bought a couple pairs shorts at 19 (don't wear shorts much so won't shell out for them) and some cotton crew sweaters at 29, fit is good and I won't feel guilty about throwing away after I go to miami in sept and inevitably destroy it all. As disposable clothing goes, this stuff is pretty unbeatable.

14. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Was there yesterday and they have some nice summer suits with great slim fits, have to decide on which style/color now.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

15. Alfa159

Alfa159 Senior member

Anyone have experience with the personal shopper service?