Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. irbe

irbe Senior member

I'm pretty sure they most definitely won't go for the same price point. Who'd buy them?
    The Clarks they sell are on par with what they go for in Canada. U won't see made in England (guessing this is where mcnairy shoes are made) for 140.00. When they had the babour stuff it was on par with how much it was going for. Lets try to be logical about this.

2. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

The Clarks they sell are on par with what they go for in Canada. U won't see made in England (guessing this is where mcnairy shoes are made) for 140.00. When they had the babour stuff it was on par with how much it was going for. Lets try to be logical about this.

Lol it's pretty hard to go cheaper than Clarks tbh.

We'll see. A bit ridiculous to go for the same price, regardless of where it's made (are they actually making it in England? Would have thought they'd carry out production in the usual Club Monaco factories, that's usually how these collabs work out). It's a bit like a Uniqlo +j suit going for $2k.

3. irbe

irbe Senior member

Lol it's pretty hard to go cheaper than Clarks tbh. We'll see. A bit ridiculous to go for the same price, regardless of where it's made (are they actually making it in England? Would have thought they'd carry out production in the usual Club Monaco factories, that's usually how these collabs work out). It's a bit like a Uniqlo +j suit going for $2k.
    I believe these shoes are made by mcnairy and they are or CM. Like the babour stuff or Clarks. None of those were made by CM themselves.

4. linkinwayne

Ah, thanks for the info. What a pointless collab though, what is CM bringing to the table? [​IMG]

5. irbe

irbe Senior member

Ha nothing. Kind of like In Good Company for Jcrew.

6. Meis

Meis Senior member

Seriously, all you need is a student ID? Wow, I may have to try that. I think my class was the last one that got IDs without expiration dates. [​IMG]

Yeah, they really really don't care. I'll talk to the cashier about school, will tell her I've already graduated, and I'll still be given the discount. Shit, a good chunk of the time they won't even ask to see the ID.

7. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Hows this seasons selection?

8. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

9. linkinwayne

Picture comparison

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

J Crew or Club Monaco chino shorts?

in general, especially with the latest two seasons, i think CM is better. cheaper as well since sales come often and student discount on top

11. Rangoe

Rangoe Well-Known Member

Been looking for a thin, lightweight V-neck....tried the +J ones at Uniqlo first, but they're all sold out for the remainder of the season.

CM is coming out with some new V-necks, but they're made out of hemp, which I have no experience with. It's said to be similar to linen? Recommended, or blah?

12. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

Hey everyone,

I went to the actual store today to ask about the mcnairy bucks and the sales told me its actually $300. So irbe's right haha, guess it was always wishful thinking and the sales who told me they were $140 before probably got them mixed up with the Clarks... Actually, the mcnairy bucks aren't even in store yet and they told me to check back at the Bloor location in a month...

On a side note... I picked up a pair of those Davis chinos and they are awesome for the price

13. irbe

irbe Senior member

Hey everyone,

I went to the actual store today to ask about the mcnairy bucks and the sales told me its actually $300. So irbe's right haha, guess it was always wishful thinking and the sales who told me they were $140 before probably got them mixed up with the Clarks... Actually, the mcnairy bucks aren't even in store yet and they told me to check back at the Bloor location in a month...

On a side note... I picked up a pair of those Davis chinos and they are awesome for the price

Hrmm well if you can use the discount towards them I think it be pretty good. Need a summer shoe.

14. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

yeah called the bloor location about the McNairy shoes as well and they told me they wouldn't arrive until june/july and I could special order it from the 5th ave location in NYC (shipping would be $15-$20) if I wanted them now.

Tried on the Davis chinos too the other day and the fit is really nice. Very similar to the Unis ones. Very reasonably priced at $69 plus 20% student discount. I really like the blue ones. Might try to hold off until the first price drop tho.

15. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

yeah called the bloor location about the McNairy shoes as well and they told me they wouldn't arrive until june/july and I could special order it from the 5th ave location in NYC (shipping would be $15-$20) if I wanted them now.

Tried on the Davis chinos too the other day and the fit is really nice. Very similar to the Unis ones. Very reasonably priced at $69 plus 20% student discount. I really like the blue ones. Might try to hold off until the first price drop tho.

I'd guess you would be hit with duties if you shipped them, right? Did you ask about a student discount on them (I forgot [​IMG] )? I'd assume they won't allow it though.

For the record, the Davis chinos were $49 on promotion (aka, no student discount) at Eaton Centre.