1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Did you notice where they are manufactured?

Slightly lower (?) armhole and longer length would be welcome changes. I've had several compliments on the fit of my peacoat, but personally think that they went a bit too extreme with the armholes and the length could be longer for the size, given my height.

2. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

They definitely still make Grant fit suits. At least, they still have Grant suits listed at full price, which I assume means they are new.

I have been loving the made in USA suits and sport coats. I've purchased quite a few at great discounts. The quality for the price is pretty amazing IMO.

3. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I mean't slightly lower yes.

I forgot to check where it was made though. I can call tomorrow and find out. It;s 80% wool and 20% polyamide, same as previous models. Also it has a strap that goes around your face, I guess to block wind

4. rohde88

rohde88 Senior member

I got my AE chelsea boots during their sale. nothing else really leaps at me for their price point

5. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

I personally liked the high armholes. Maybe slightly less comfortable, but the aesthetic is much sharper. Same can be said of the older grant fit suits with the slimmer fit in comparison to this "new grant fit". Club used to fill the void of decent quality, slim-cut clothing, but it's been moving away from that as of late to please the average consumer. In my opionion, there's already plenty of "made for america" fits to be had at the gap and BR.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  6. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Are you gents buying anything? I bought some basics (chinos and merino sweaters), but nothing very interesting. I did buy a nice looking Alpaca wool sweater, but already received an out-of-stock email.

7. althanis

althanis Senior member

Right now you're getting 30% off sale stacked with the Black Friday sale.

I bought a sweater for my wife, along with a couple merino crewnecks. At this stage, there isn't really much that I need. For me, the alpaca sweaters had too much synthetic stuff in them, so I skipped. It's the same blend that they're using in those sweaters and scarves.

8. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

9. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Picked up a Made in USA sportcoat (navy), 3 bowties, and a pair of trousers.

10. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Anyone tried the new Bennett chinos? I just bought 4 pairs. I've bought many pairs of the Davis chinos and like them a lot, so I'm hoping the Bennetts are a good replacement.

11. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I have 3 Davis Chino's that have served me well over the years. Would you mind posting pics of the fit and your impression when you get them?

12. irbe

irbe Senior member

Which trousers you get??

All I see are sutton fits on CM websites. The taper looks a little too aggressive for my liking. I remember them offering more fits for trousers before...

13. Churchill W

These. (Grant Twill Trousers)

14. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

I received the shipment yesterday. Sorry, no fit pics.

The Bennetts are still made in Sri Lanka like the Davis, not China like more & more CM stuff.

The waist measures the same (30" Davis & Bennett = 33" actual). The leg opening measures about 7.5" on the Davis and 6.5" on the Bennett. The overall fit is slightly more tailored. I'm still not sure if I like the new fit better or worse than the Davis. I never thought the Davis was too full fitting and thought that the Connor was way too skinny. The Davis seems to be an effort at a middle ground. With that said, the fit difference between the Davis and Bennett is not night and day, and you will only be able to judge once you've tried on yourself.

The pocket styling remains the same, which I like (interior coin pocket and waistband coin (?) pocket.

The fabric feels slightly more crunchy, drapes worse, and has more of a sheen vs. my old Davis'. Hopefully this is due to the Bennetts not being washed yet, but I think it may be likely that the cotton used for the old Davis had a softer hand and slightly higher weight fabric.

Colors: Jasper (green) is basically black/grey and IMO is a bad color. Loden is nice. Khaki is pretty light - much lighter than my Khaki Davis. Navy is very dark. I don't wear dark grey or black chinos, so I can't comment on those colors.

This sounds like a bad review, but for the ~$20 per pair that I paid I think I'm satisfied. Luckily I have several pairs of the Davis (and even a pair of Kennedy fit).

15. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Thanks. The Davis fit is great for me. Good taper but not too baggy at the bottom, it could be slightly more taper below the knee but it's not a deal breaker.

I'll try out these out when on sale

16. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Yeah I've always liked the Davis. Slim enough but not skinny. Ain't nothing wrong with 'em, except half the colors they pick.

17. Churchill W

First wear in these. I think I'm going to have to return the sports coat. Just slightly too small for me.

[​IMG]

18. althanis

althanis Senior member

They had Hestra gloves on their site not long ago. Checked for them again today in case they ever went on sale, and they've taken them down, weird.

Nice looking pents btw Churchill.

19. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Are those the new Sutton trousers? Any more info on the fit?

20. Churchill W

No, they're still the older Grant style fit.