1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. althanis

althanis Senior member

I wear a Small in GBV and find that it's the same size for Golden Bear. Got the moto jacket from them and I really like it. The leather seems thick and soft, and it smells great when you're real up close. Received quite a few compliments on it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Caligari

Caligari Senior member

Their Chinos for $29 CAD on right now are a very good buy and quite decent quality.

1 person likes this.
  3. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I was instore two nights ago looking for a small gift and saw the suede and Hestra gloves this season. Very nice IME. Will definitely cop the suede when they go on sale enough. Not sure if the Hestra gloves will ever fall into my price range.

4. j1000

j1000 Well-Known Member

I'm looking at a small golden bear club monaco DR right now, the plainer one without the snap closures. Is that the one you have by any chance? If so, would you mind throwing out a shoulder measurement? Thanks.

5. althanis

althanis Senior member

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

7. j1000

j1000 Well-Known Member

the clean moto is the one I'm looking at, and I'm not sure if I should go S or XS. Would you mind taking a shoulder measurement. Or ballparking your suit shoulder measurement so I can compare? I'd really appreciate it.

8. Master-Classter

Not sure how different the models are and I've got that cafe racer one.

I'm a pretty true XS. 5'6, 130-135lbs, shortish shoulders so around 16.5 for suits/sportscoats and sweaters etc. The jacket in XS is probably still ok for someone with 17 inch shoulders but not much more. I can layer with a sweater and/or a thin down vest but not much more. Sleeves are slightly long on me but I usually do a 23.5 inch cuff from the shoulder so I'm probably slightly short in the arms.

9. althanis

althanis Senior member

What sizes do you wear in anything else? Not sure how comparable the measurements would be for different models.

10. j1000

j1000 Well-Known Member

I'm 5'7" 143 lbs and am XS in jcrew outerwear and usually 36s in my suiting. I had a schott 654 cafe racer that I let go recently because it was 16.3 in the shoulders and I couldn't layer or zip it up very well. My structured suit shoulders are usually between 17-17.5, but 16.5 can work if it's completely unstructured.

11. Master-Classter

My guess is XS would be 'fitted', ie snug and you won't be able to layer much under it. Small won't be as slim but you'll have room to move and layer. For me, and I'm 10lbs lighter, XS is pretty fitted and I can wear either a sweater or a thin uniqlo down vest under but not much more than that.

12. althanis

althanis Senior member

I'd also suggest going with the small, and not XS. You might have a problem with sleeves though, as they're already designed a little longer. It's returnable anyways, isn't it?

13. Caligari

Caligari Senior member

With the recent 40% off sale I ordered about 25 items. All but 3 were returned.

14. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Pics? I didn't see anything of interest.

15. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

When do they typically mark down the current season stuff? There's a couple of shirts I wouldn't mind as beaters.

16. namgungh

namgungh Active Member

Can any of you comment on the resale of used club monaco (i.e. almost new, wore only less than 5 times) ?

I have some cloth that I bought from club monaco in which I never got to wear them, but feel bad just throwing them out.

Has any of you sold your previously owned clubmonaco and does it go quick? my sizes are usually XS & S.

17. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Resale value is probably not too high as most stuff ends up getting highly discounted eventually.

18. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

What do you have? Post some pics

19. daquity36

daquity36 Member

I purchased 100% cashmere coat in dark camel color in Korea for around $600~$650 on sale.

Even though it's 100% cashmere, it's not soft but hard due to compression (Anyone have similar experience with compressed cashmere??)

I tried looking for this product online but it was nowhere to be found. Is it possible that this coat is only sold in Korea?

Feedback on the coat itself would also be appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Are you talking about the touch of the surface when you brush your fingers against it, or the thickness / heaviness of the material? The opposite of a "soft" material would normally be a "rough" material, so "hard" makes it sound like you mean structure and rigidity of the garment rather than its hand.

It looks like it's soft. If it's pure cashmere, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be unless they made it on the cheap out of low-grade yarns.

I have a couple of overcoats in similar thick cashmere fabric (not Club Monaco) and they are incredibly soft but not especially flexible.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016