1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

Mostly reflected in the new arrivals. Grant linen suit jacket $50 more, the button ups $10 more, etc.

2. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Definitely seems like there are more differences than usual on the CDN vs. US sites. Some items (even sale) are priced higher on the CDN site. Some different items on sale too.

The good news for US Americans is that if you have access to a CDN shipping address you can save an easy 20% for items that are still priced the same. I'm about do place an order doing just that. Lower tax for my CDN shipping address too.

3. sholom

sholom Senior member

anyone who bought those houndstooth navy flannel suit pants a while back wanna sell them? I need a size 28. Thanks. Shoot me a pm.

4. althanis

althanis Senior member

Some pretty great deals on right now - the RC hybrid hoodie is now $169, down from $169.

The Golden Bear leather jacket with the band collar also down to $500 from $1075.

Some of the Made in America blazers are also on sale.

And student code applies to all of them.

5. bibbert2

bibbert2 Member

I've finally figured out the sizing on the MIA sport coats - go up one in chest size and in length, so if you're a 38R, go for a 40L if you want a traditional length and fit. Just picked up a gorgeous cashmere jacket reduced from $750 to $149 (don't let the lousy picture dissuade you) and ordered another in a wool, silk and linen blend. The ridiculously discounted MIA sport coats are definitely the best deal on the CM site right now.

6. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Has there really been a lack of sales (e.g., extra 30% off sale items), or am I just not getting the email notifications? Seems like there hasn't been a "sale on sale" deal for a long time.

7. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

I don't understand how it is possible to go up a chest size. The MIA jackets that I have are not vanity sized. The 38R jackets are actually 38 inches in the chest. The regular length is pretty short though. Unfortunately they don't make a 38L that I've seen.

Which other blazer (the wool/silk/linen one) did you purchase? I might pick up a couple of blazers at these prices.

8. bibbert2

bibbert2 Member

Quote:
    Most makers would size a 38" jacket to fit a 38" chest, which would mean you would have about a couple of additional inches through the chest of the jacket (i.e., closer to 40"). The other jacket I picked up is this one. Note that it is slim pickings for the mega-discounted MIA jackets, probably influenced by the fact that thisfits profiled the cashmere one this morning.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  9. Jean-Claude VanDamme

Jean-Claude VanDamme Well-Known Member

Any in store sales for Canada day weekend this year? I was in Toronto last year, early July and they had 40 percent off sale/clearance picked up a lot of good stuff you can't get on the online store.

10. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

On the topic of suits, I really wish they didn't switch up the grant fit. Does anyone know if stores in Canada might still have the old "Grant Suit Jacket" in grey? I have the navy one already.

11. Jean-Claude VanDamme

Jean-Claude VanDamme Well-Known Member

Is the new one at least longer? I have a charcoal Grant suit from 2013 made in Turkey which was perfect except for the whole cropped look. I purchased a navy one last year, but returned it because the quality wasn't anywhere near as good as the made in Turkey ones.

12. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Where are the "new" Grant fit ones made anyway? The "old" made in Turkey ones were surprisingly nice. I didn't find them to be too short either...the made in America ones are noticeably more cropped.

13. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Thanks again for the tip on these discounted MIA blazers. I just picked up the woold/silk/linen blazer for $100 using the "sale on sale" right now. Great deal!

14. theh00d

theh00d Senior member

Which blazer are you talking about?

And, could I stack student code?

15. KitBar

KitBar Member

No student code does not stack

16. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Received the Made in USA silk/linen/wool blazer - very nice! Fits the same as my USA jackets from last year.

I just ordered my first "new Grant" blazer. Can anyone say where these are now being made? Turkey (like the old ones)? Or China?

17. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

This. +1

If your 38 jackets are measuring out to 38 then they are not sized/tagged right. There should be room to move in the jacket otherwise if your chest is actually 38" it would literally be skin tight.

18. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

I should have said "sized" for a 38-inch chest. I've never encountered a suit jacket that was tagged some smaller chest size but was actually cut to fit a much larger torso. Maybe this happens and I've just never tried one on. I've only ever worn a 38 jacket, no matter the manufacturer or style.

19. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

To answer my own question: the "new" Grant suits appear to be made in China :(

20. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

Hi guys, how's the quality of the Golden Bear CM leather jackets? Picked up one recently for usd400, not sure whether to keep / if good value for $. Leather feels good but interested in opinions on long term wear, thanks.