• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clover brewed coffee

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kdaust
Good lord! Is it really so hard to find a decent cafe in north america?
No, it's pretty easy.
Why would you want to drink coffee made at starbucks?
Convenience and reliability. I can get an americano or a solo shot over ice and be back in my office within 5 minutes, and it will taste the same as it did the day before. Everywhere else is 15 minutes away + 10 minutes of waiting in line + another 5 minutes waiting on the barista to waste more time on some latte foam art bullshit.

Johnathan

Reaction score
I've had it at Intelligentsia in Chicago a few times. I really, really like it.

kdaust

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
No, it's pretty easy.

Sweet! I was starting to wonder whether it was all drip filter and fancy french press.

Although after all the talk I'd like to try one of these Clover ones now. Do they have a seperate grinder to the one the use for espresso, or do they adjust it everytime someone wants a clover coffee?

Convenience and reliability. I can get an americano or a solo shot over ice and be back in my office within 5 minutes, and it will taste the same as it did the day before. Everywhere else is 15 minutes away + 10 minutes of waiting in line + another 5 minutes waiting on the barista to waste more time on some latte foam art bullshit.

Fair enough. I prefer espresso to that latte art bullshit as well. I guess its like plenty of things though, once you get a taste for something you like its hard to go back to something that you know is second best.

Originally Posted by sonick
pretentious, elitest douchebag, much?

Ha! When it comes to coffee... Yes. Thanks for the contribution.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although after all the talk I'd like to try one of these Clover ones now. Do they have a seperate grinder to the one the use for espresso, or do they adjust it everytime someone wants a clover coffee?

Will you REALLY allow yourself to give your OWN MONEY to Starbucks for a COFFEE? Since they own Clover and even if you don't get it from Starbucks you'd still be indirectly buying from Starbucks.

Hypocrite!!!!!
devil.gif

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you guys can just order a french press from starbucks. last quarter they had it on the menu boards for enough for about 2 grandes or so. It cost like 4 bucks I think. im not sure if its still on the PoS , but just be an ass and ask the starbucks people to do it.

Their whole "legendary service" and "just say yes" policies should lead you to getting a press, I know I had to make a few for customers during the promotion.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To address why Starbucks does not offer french press coffee here is my thoughts. The reason why french press coffee is so much better than paper filtered coffee is because the french press keeps all of the coffee's natural oils versus filtering them out. If you guys have cleaned your french press you will notice it is unusually oily compared to paper filtered coffee. Every time a cup of coffee is made you would need to clean the oil out of the press so as not to alter the consistency of the coffee. I could be wrong but these are just my observations.

Johnathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
To address why Starbucks does not offer french press coffee here is my thoughts. The reason why french press coffee is so much better than paper filtered coffee is because the french press keeps all of the coffee's natural oils versus filtering them out. If you guys have cleaned your french press you will notice it is unusually oily compared to paper filtered coffee. Every time a cup of coffee is made you would need to clean the oil out of the press so as not to alter the consistency of the coffee. I could be wrong but these are just my observations.
Starbucks does offer French press coffee, you just have to ask.

kdaust

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Will you REALLY allow yourself to give your OWN MONEY to Starbucks for a COFFEE? Since they own Clover and even if you don't get it from Starbucks you'd still be indirectly buying from Starbucks.

Hypocrite!!!!!
devil.gif

eek.gif
I know! But can't knock it til I've tried it.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump. Is there one in Boston?

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some independent shops still have Clover machines, such as Ritual Coffee in San Francisco.

I have never seen one in use at a Starbucks, which begs the question of why they bought the company.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bunch of Boston and Bay Area locations that should have them are listed here: http://www.yumsugar.com/2297002

Wow, nearly everywhere. I haven't been in a sbux in a long time - I guess I wouldn't have known. I have a Mac though so I should be fine.

Pelikan2

Reaction score
I tried a Clover cup at Cafe Grumpy in Brooklyn. It was good but no better than my $35 Aeropress with fresh Grimme! beans. In my opinion, it's a good coffee maker but in no way worth the hype.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ You just don't understand the value of Stanford engineers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads