• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clothing shoes n accessories manufacturers?

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Anybody on here know about clothing manufacturers in the US? Like if I wanted to make a boat shoe I would try to get them made at quoddy. What about other items? What are the best manufacturers for bags? Suits? Etc ?

I'm always intruiged when guys know where products are made and this could help inform purchases.

Thanks.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are you talking for production like 1,000 pieces at a time for retail, or for one-off like made to order things? There is a big difference.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Are you talking for production like 1,000 pieces at a time for retail, or for one-off like made to order things? There is a big difference.

big difference is putting it mildly. the cost for a one off would probably be about the same as a full produciton run. hahahaha.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
big difference is putting it mildly. the cost for a one off would probably be about the same as a full produciton run. hahahaha.

So true, and the quality of the production run wouldn't be anywhere near the one of makers. If it is the same in quality it will likely cost you 5 times as much as the one off good because of retail, and branding and such...

This is the issue today, you can buy a branded bag from a place where bags are sold and there are a million made at the same place, or you can do to a bag maker. Same thing goes for shoes, suits, etc.

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
I mean for a smaller production run not a one off. Thanks guys. I'm Travelling so hard to type.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is a pretty ambiguous question. Can you be more specific? What are you looking for? What is your style? There is not just one maker for each piece of your wardrobe.

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
Thanks for responding guys,

I meant to create this thread as more of a resource for people to look at. I don't have any in mind personally. But the idea I had was more or less.

if you know the best umbrella manufacturer there is, post it here, maybe put some brands that use it and why its the best so on and so forth.

The list could go on: Socks, Sunglasses, boots etc.

I guess I should have started the thread in a clearer way. I just think it would be cool to have this as a kind of consumer advocacy for the forum with any products and the manufacturers to know where you can purchae the best stuff.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by downwithianbrown
Thanks for responding guys,

I meant to create this thread as more of a resource for people to look at. I don't have any in mind personally. But the idea I had was more or less.

if you know the best umbrella manufacturer there is, post it here, maybe put some brands that use it and why its the best so on and so forth.

The list could go on: Socks, Sunglasses, boots etc.

I guess I should have started the thread in a clearer way. I just think it would be cool to have this as a kind of consumer advocacy for the forum with any products and the manufacturers to know where you can purchae the best stuff.

There is not a thread devoted to this, there is an entire forum. It is called Style Forum. If you use the search function there is tons of info on it!

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
yeah I know that, but rather than start threads on items that may not generate all that much information. Sunglasses or socks or whatever, thought putting it all in one place might be more efficient.

I am accepting this thread was dumb.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads