• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Clothing App

GodAtum

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a clothing app that matches what shirt goes with what tie?

either/or

Reaction score
Knot tie for iPhone looks nice, although you're limited to the shop's selection of ties. (don't have to buy, though) btw I hope by matching you mean testing combinations?

GodAtum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by either/or
Knot tie for iPhone looks nice, although you're limited to the shop's selection of ties. (don't have to buy, though)

btw I hope by matching you mean testing combinations?

Yes
Are there any websites that are good?

in stitches

Kung Joo
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
use your eyes and your brain

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
use your eyes and your brain

/thread. hehe.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apps will not be as good as your eye. There are threads on here about matching colours, using a colour wheel. I think this would be better than any app you can find.

johnvw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
www.thetiebar.com has a feature which allows customers to view each tie on its website with various shirt and suit color combinations. This may help.

either/or

Reaction score
@Cary: BeSpeak looks like fun to play around with. @GodAtum: yes, the natural colour system can be very helpful. (That's why creative people use it
) There's a whole host of colour harmonies within the NCS that work well. But it neither takes combinations of patterns nor fabric quality nor complexion into consideration. In the end you still have to let your eyes decide.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.