• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothes in Dallas?

Garbage Mouth

Reaction score
I'm traveling to Dallas soon and spending time in the surrounding area for a few weeks (Las Colinas, Coppell, Irving). Does anyone know of any any good clothing stores to check out?

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I would suggest Northpark Mall.

with some designer boutiques (Burberry, Ralph lauren, Gucci etc..), neiman marcus, and only barney's flagship store in Texas.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garbage Mouth
I'm traveling to Dallas soon and spending time in the surrounding area for a few weeks (Las Colinas, Coppell, Irving). Does anyone know of any any good clothing stores to check out?

Check out the Galleria as well. If you want i can key you into some good eats as well. What you coming into town for?

Garbage Mouth

Reaction score
I'll check that out, andrew

Originally Posted by csoukoulis
Check out the Galleria as well. If you want i can key you into some good eats as well. What you coming into town for?

Cousin's wedding + visiting family. I'd be glad to hear any suggestions you have

malcolm4819

Reaction score
Galleria (closet to where you'll be) and Northpark will cover most popular brands...anything they don't have Willowbend will have. What are you into? Brand and Style-wise?

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In terms of clothes, there's more or less nothing at all worth checking out in Dallas, sadly. The Barney's at the Northpark Mall is pretty nice, and carries a decent selection of finer clothes, but apart from that, there isn't much. I don't think we have any of the nicer men's boutiques here that you would be able to find in other large cities like NYC or LA.

The Galleria isn't a bad mall, but it's mostly just mall brands (Club Monaco, J. Crew, GAP, Zara, etc). Your best bet is with Northpark.

Whatever you do, be sure not to set foot into Stonebriar Mall in Frisco. It's teeny bopper central, that place. Collin Creek Mall is pretty abysmal as well.

dave

Reaction score
if you're into all the $$$ stuff the dudes around this forum are into you can check out 4510 as well.

http://www.fortyfiveten.com/index.html

it's uptown so you'll be close to some decent bars and food as well. (taverna has an awesome brunch on the weekends.)

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that this place even existed. Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to drop by to check it out sometime. Any word on how the selection is?

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
More words here, just to be honest, shopping in Dallas is not bad, but still as nowhere compare to NYC (where you live). 4510 boutique is nice so. Here's what I would suggest, some places you should check out,

Northpark: biggest in dallas, barneys (younger, but don't expect lots of designers, for example no Rick owens, crockett and jones etc), NM (good suit selection, younger stuff are crap), as well as other designers

Galleria: Zara. Saks. Macy's etc. There's a saks as well, but I do like the store
Willowbend: Smaller mall with a Neiman.
Highland Park Village: Very high end, Hermes, Loro Piana, JImmy Choo, RL, Rugby, but more female stuff here.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
In terms of clothes, there's more or less nothing at all worth checking out in Dallas, sadly. The Barney's at the Northpark Mall is pretty nice, and carries a decent selection of finer clothes, but apart from that, there isn't much. I don't think we have any of the nicer men's boutiques here that you would be able to find in other large cities like NYC or LA.

The Galleria isn't a bad mall, but it's mostly just mall brands (Club Monaco, J. Crew, GAP, Zara, etc). Your best bet is with Northpark.

Whatever you do, be sure not to set foot into Stonebriar Mall in Frisco. It's teeny bopper central, that place. Collin Creek Mall is pretty abysmal as well.

I agree, Barney's is nice so, but don't have a full inventory, I remember 2011 spring I was there to check out some Jil stuff and the SA told me they are arrived yesterday, but only have 2 sizes. 54 and 52 I think.
eh.gif
It's hard to buy something from the store, every time I was told.. I can order it for you (even it's not sale season)

They even discontinued Berluti.
facepalm.gif

Ohh, btw, the Burberry in Northpark supposed to be the only place you can find Prorsum men's ready to wear in Texas I think. I like Northpark because I buy things from the whole foods across the street, and there is a Off 5th and Nordstrom Rack there, I will check them out if I have time.
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads