• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothes for REALLY skinny guys

klade

Reaction score
I'm seventeen years old, 5'10" and weigh 112lbs. My chest is 32 1/2in, my waist is 25in and my hips are 30in.

No clothes will fit me! They are always too big. I always look like I'm dressed like a thug because my clothes are so baggy! Whenever I ask the people at the clothes stores what I should do they always tell me to wear girls clothes because they're smaller, but I don't wanna do that.

I hear that in Asia, their clothing sizes are a lot smaller than Canadian/American sizes, is there some hope in that? Where can I buy Asian clothes in Canada?

Help me.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You're 17, so I'm going to assume you aren't looking for suits and such, and move this to the Streetwear forum where you'll get more age appropriate advice. There are a lot of really skinny guys over there too. Good luck.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of japanese designers have teeny tiny sizes.

In my experience chinese/korean clothes are more in tune with western sizing than their japanese counter-parts... dunno why.

The other option of course is to try eating some meat!

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy kids clothes. They're cheaper and will fit you. You have a kid's build, what's the shame in that.

klade

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Buy kids clothes. They're cheaper and will fit you. You have a kid's build, what's the shame in that.

I've tried that before. I found that the fit was very good width wise but length wise a bit too short.

Maybe I should look more, though.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you seen a doctor in recent years? That really is quite unusually thin.

Double D

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
Have you seen a doctor in recent years? That really is quite unusually thin.
Not when you're 17. They'll just tell him he's still growing and to kindly piss off.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would start eating.
musicboohoo[1].gif

calvin1663

Reaction score
yeah, i'm 5'8" and 130, and i still get questions about how skinny i am...i know dior homme caters to the very skinny, you might try them?

velobran

Reaction score
Have you thought about taking up cycling? your Size and weight matches with some of the greatest climbers.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what kind of clothes are you specifically looking for? Jeans? Button-up shirts? Hoodies? More brand suggestions might come in if you can narrow things down a bit.

Double D

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
A BMI of 16 is pretty well off the chart for a 17-year-old: http://www.kidsnutrition.org/images/...c_bmi_boys.pdf Doesn't mean anything's wrong, necessarily, but it's bizarre.
Well, I'm 22 and have a stable BMI of 17. When I was 17 my BMI was probably about 16. Call it a fast metabolism. A 32 1/2 inch chest does seem extremely small though... I weigh 112lbs, stand at 5' 8" and my chest is bang on 34" in relation to a 25.5" waist. If the original poster lived somewhere like the UK, Sweden, Australia or Singapore, I'd recommend Topman... a lot of their products go down to an XXS chest (32) and 26 inch waist x 32 leg (unlike American places like Gap and AE which automatically assume that skinny guys are 5' 4").

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eat and get in the gym, and shop in the boys department until you gain enough weight to wear mens sizes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads