Clothes brush under $40?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Dan G, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

I've seen several Kent Brushes for sale as well as one offered at Brooks, but all are over $50. Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative?
    What qualities am I looking for in a brush?

Thanks

2. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

I am sure that I will be tisk tisked for this, but I use a horsehair brush made for shining shoes. I bought it for just under a dollar.

I too would be interested to know what qualities a good clothing brush should have.

Bic

3. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Mine is a stitched leather paddle shaped thing with black 1" nylon (?) bristles marked "INSULATING FABRICATORS, INC." and its origins are unknown. It also at one time was gnawed on by a dog of mine, so it has some character to it. It's stiffer than my shoe brushes, and as an added bonus the bristles are long enough to use for dusting between the knobs and faders of the keyboards and mixers in my living room.

4. Horace

Horace Senior member

You can get a Kent for under US$50 directly from their site. Enter GBK1777 at check-out and they'll take 20% off. (Though I don't think you'll see this on website). http://www.kentbrushes.com/acatalog/Clothes_Care.html Three of the brushes are under $50 -- two of them well-under that price.

5. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

Horace,
    Thanks for the info. I think I'll go for the Kent.