1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clothes and the Price of Ga$

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jun 6, 2008.

1. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

PG2G: 6.5 round trip but that still not much - I should mention I also ride to make most trips to the store too. I have a fuel efficient car but for some reason that trip to and from work destroys my mileage. Could be that I start and stop about every block.

Morse: Bummer man. The crotch/seat area of mine are wearing disturbingly fast, too. Perhaps time for a preventative patch?

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I don't really understand why people are complaining about spending 5 or 10$ more on gas to go buy luxury clothing though. It's probably pretty much negligeable when you factor it in with the overall cost of the clothes. Yes, it sucks to pay more for gas, but when you're willing to pay 250$ for a pair of jeans, does it really matter?

it wouldnt be an issue if one was paying $10 more for gas once or twice, but when the monthly petrol bill goes from, say, $100 to nearly $200, that's a pretty big hike and an added expense that not everyone can just absorb without cutting back somewhere.

I was in Old Town Pasadena getting frozen yogurt fri nite and the NBC newsvan was out in front asking people how the economy and gas prices are affecting their consumerism, and the reporter asked me so I told her "instead of buying $600 shoes I've cut down to $500 shoes" which tickled her twat as she ended up filming me and my dumbass comment for the 11oclock news. [​IMG]

3. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Haha, that is great

Another problem is, with the slowing economy, I am working less overtime, which used to give me an extra few hundred a month... I am now not getting that at all working little to no overtime.

4. asobu

asobu Senior member

which tickled her twat

haha, such a great expression.

5. visionology

visionology Senior member

My girlfriend and I went to fill up yesterday and watched as the guy in front of us in a BMW 7 series proceded to fill his tank with $98... He turned back towards us and just smiled.

I used to drive 72 miles every day for work for 4 years before all this mess. Although I sometimes miss going to work, working from home certainly saves me a ton of cash.

I think many of our jobs aren't so close where we can use scooters and tiny vehicles. We have been a driving culture for years and our jobs revolve around it. I know very few people who live and work within a 5 mile radius.

6. warlok1965

warlok1965 Senior member

I'm 10 miles from my office, close enough that I used to bike to work a day or two per week for cardio purposes. I have since decided it's not worth getting killed by some SUV-driving jackass on a cell phone.

Fortunately gas prices have not affected me much since I don't drive far. However the situation pisses me off enough that I'm seriously thinking of getting a Vespa for commuting in order to help reduce demand. Then again, I'm convinced the only way for our country to get out of this Faustian bargain with oil is for energy prices to stay high enough to hurt us all and spur alternative energy investment.

7. Antonio Centeno

Antonio Centeno Senior member

Shop online, and buy a quality garment you will wear all the time because you love it vs. a cheap garment you'll never put on because you settled.

So many online retailers offer great return policies, money back guarantees, etc. The only reason to go out is to flirt with cute store clerks.