Clothes and the Price of Ga$

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jun 6, 2008.

1. TransparentCranium

TransparentCranium Senior member

Gas is expected to hit about $5 a gallon by the end of summer and even expect it to hit around $7-$8+ in a year or two. There's a chance it might hit $10 a gallon as well. It hurts when your vehicle requires premium gas so I know how you feel. Expect it to get worst. So far though, it hasn't hindered me from purchasing clothes and shoes. It doesn't help that all the sale are going now along with distribution of the recession checks.
    Pet peeve here. Worse. Not worst. While I'm at it (It being me acting like a douche)
    that's why now it's called a 'WORLD MARKET" everyone and everythig to a degree is effected.
    Affected. Yea I'm done.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

I'm buying less not because of gas but because I have a lot of dope shit (especially jil socal would cream his pants over). However the price of gas gives me less incentive to check out the usual spots and actually conserve/drive less these days.

Agreed with chronic re: downsizing trends that's why I'm happy with my shit plus shopping a bit smarter to offset costs.

3. TransparentCranium

TransparentCranium Senior member

I don't drive but, Window shopping in Downtown Toronto would be ridiculous if I had to walk all the way back to my car when I was done.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I drive delivery this summer. I get a dollar per delivery which covers it alright but man, it's getting ridiculous.

5. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I spend around 15% of my monthly income on fuel, so yes its affecting me.

I begin work at 5am so carpooling and public transportation are out of the question. Its 14 miles round trip for me to and from work which prevents me from ever really getting decent mileage and biking is out of the question.

It fucking sucks.

6. andimq

andimq Senior member

I'm at 9$ per gallon, so gimme a gallon for 5$ and I'll install fuel tanks in my basement ;D

in Germany that is

7. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

This last fillup has made me start to rethink going to look at stuff or joy riding. First time I've gone past $50.

For running errands around town I'm looking to get a vespa. Last month there were tons for sale on Craigslist, but today I looked and there are only a handful.

8. chronoaug

I don't travel to friends' places in nearby cities nearly as much. I've wanted to road trip down to miami and around other states in the southeast but none of my friends and i can really do it because gas is ridiculous.

9. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

good thing i'm a big online shopper!

10. dusty

dusty Senior member

A lot of my money just went to a down payment on a high-mileage car, so that definitely decreased my clothes purchasing power.

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

About 75MPG. Insurance is dirt cheap. It's about time that we join Europe and Asia and finally get a mainstream scooter and motorcycle culture going.

[​IMG]

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

like the majority, my spending is down a tad but for other reasons, but my weekend putzing around has decreased significantly.

13. fosho78

fosho78 Senior member

If anything, I would say that the decreasing value of the dollar hurts styleforum members much more than the price of gas.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the decreasing value of the dollar one of the biggest reasons why gas prices are spiking?

14. chronoaug

I don't know, but it's one of the reasons i don't buy things from my favorite overseas online shops anymore [​IMG]

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

Just filled up 4.59 baby fok ya.