• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cloth BUY, SELL, TRADE (B/S/T) THREAD

ovlov

Reaction score
I'm on the look out for a nice chunky piece of Irish Linen for a summer suit / weekend separates. Thinking some shade of brown or muted green. Anyone has some spares lying around that they want to sell please hit me up.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As my offices continue their march into full on jeans and a t-shirt, I may have a few lengths of suiting available to trade for jacketing. Will post photos once I'm back home.

1. Hardy Minnis Rangoon charcoal
2. Scabal mid-grey
Pics and price?

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As my offices continue their march into full on jeans and a t-shirt, I may have a few lengths of suiting available to trade for jacketing. Will post photos once I'm back home.

1. Hardy Minnis Rangoon charcoal
2. Scabal mid-grey

I might be interested in the Rangoon.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check with Ed on the GP. I believe I have that exact fabric (wool, mohair, and silk) that I got from him. He may have some leftovers.

@ericgereghty

How does one get a hold of Ed, @edmorel I presume, these days to see what he's got in inventory? Also what is GP and how does one access it?

Alan Bee

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, anyone have any interesting cloth they wanna get rid of?

Alan bee

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ericgereghty

How does one get a hold of Ed, @edmorel I presume, these days to see what he's got in inventory? Also what is GP and how does one access it?

Alan Bee

i shot him an DM, but his stuff can be found under the "other>cloth" section of Buy and Sell. From our recent convo it looks like he has the LP dream tweed, the two chalk stripes, and the zenga blue and aubergine cashmere/silk mixes left

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope I’m not out of turn in asking this, but Ed, I was wondering whether it is possible to order Loro Piana fabrics through you. My tailor doesn’t carry them but there are a few books I was interested in.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ericgereghty

Alan Bee
That is indeed the Ed in question. The GP is a navy glen plaid (pics on the previous page), which I believe is Zegna, about 10oz, in a wool/mohair/silk. Really nice cloth. If there's some to be had, and you have space for a subdued patterned navy SC, I'd snatch it up.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've bought a few lengths from Ed. The shipping is always very quick, and communication wonderful. I recently bought a length of Piacenza cashmere from him; it's moved up to number two on my commission list.

Last edited:

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second that, I’ve bought cloth from Ed a couple of times, always a pleasure. Now Piacenza, that’s a factory shop I’d like to visit at some point.

dan'l

Reaction score
I actually visited Piacenza many years ago when I was in Biella. At the time, they had a shop attached to the factory where you could buy clothing from their RTW collection. It was also possible to buy cloth there. I bought a length of cashmere for an overcoat.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@lordsuperb new thread you might be interested in.

whirlwynds

Reaction score
Sherry tweed 103x66
Woven in Scotland

2.86 yd x 66”
2.61m

DSC07279.JPG
DSC07280.JPG

$150 shipped Conus. Thanks!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics