• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cloth BUY, SELL, TRADE (B/S/T) THREAD

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

In the past couple of years I have found myself looking for cloth from a specific run and or year. In the search for them I found that there are some folks who happen to have an extra meter or two on hand, and more often than not, an extra length they just haven't gotten to making up.

I am creating this thread for members to offer up their Unfunded Liabilities. As the title suggests, you can buy, sell or trade your unused lengths of cloth.

I am modeling it after the Alden B/S/T thread here: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/the-alden-buy-sell-trade-b-s-t-thread.645611/

General guidelines borrowed from the Alden B/S/T thread:

- Post clear images of the product
- Include price, condition, shipping estimation for international versus US, etc.

DL-

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is actually the very reason I started this thread. The B&S is a pain ********** and impossible to have a discussion around as well.

agreed, every now and then i go on a tear and check it every other day but then i'll also forget about it for months at a time...it'll be interesting to see if this threat takes off if it stays in my mind more frequently...

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As my offices continue their march into full on jeans and a t-shirt, I may have a few lengths of suiting available to trade for jacketing. Will post photos once I'm back home.

1. Hardy Minnis Rangoon charcoal
2. Scabal mid-grey

Last edited:

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
okay, I'll take the a swing: I have 3m of a gunclub-ish pattern (see images below) from the Dugdale White Rose Sporting book. I believe it is around 300g per meter, but I can double check on a scale if people are interested

Willing to sell for $125 for the whole piece shipped CONUS, or willing to trade (or cash plus trade) for 3m of the following:
- navy Minnis mock leno (or fresco)
- a navy glenplaid (summer weight or linen)
- a 'chunkier' gun club (like this Abraham Moon one)
- a grey herringbone tweed (like this Harris Tweed one)

Attachments

• IMG_4897.jpg
    IMG_4897.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4900.JPG
    IMG_4900.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4901.jpg
    IMG_4901.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 86

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
okay, I'll take the a swing: I have 3m of a gunclub-ish pattern (see images below) from the Dugdale White Rose Sporting book. I believe it is around 300g per meter, but I can double check on a scale if people are interested

Willing to sell for $125 for the whole piece shipped CONUS, or willing to trade (or cash plus trade) for 3m of the following:

This would make a nice overshirt/chorecoat :teach:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for Rangoon: navy or grey chalkstripe and the air force blue glenplaid.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Check with Ed on the GP. I believe I have that exact fabric (wool, mohair, and silk) that I got from him. He may have some leftovers.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea, thats where i ripped the picture...i thought it had sold out, but i guess it never hurts to ask! thanks!
Good luck. It's a super steezy cloth. Awesome handle. I'm dithering on mine, but really looking forward to having it made up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads