• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Closing Locker Rooms to Reports (NFL Harrassment Scandal)

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Really? They can't wait an hour? ****, why do the players need to shower and primp before speaking to reporters?

I don't think it's necessarily the media's fault...at least not entirely. Look at sports audiences. These are, in part, made up of people whose lives hang on sports, who take them way too seriously (and I'm saying this as a hockey nut). These are the same people who will watch pre- and post-game shows that are longer than the ******* games themselves. Members of these audiences want to know what happened, how it happened, and why it happened right now.

BP348

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I think it's ridiculous that anyone is allowed in the locker room. Nobody's allowed in a WNBA locker room, male or female, so nobody should be allowed in a men's locker room either. It's just stupid. I agree there should be a separate interview room.

Some guys catcalled in a locker room? WTF did you expect?

I read an article earlier today that said that male and female reporters are allowed in female locker rooms like the WNBA but they put restrictions on when and what part of the locker room reporters are allowed to enter. That would be a decent idea for the NFL.

airblaster503

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Here she is proposing to Tom Brady after the superbowl.

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airblaster503
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Here she is proposing to Tom Brady after the superbowl.

Is that really the same girl? If so, age has been cruel.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
surprisepackage-pi_20100916120025_660_320.JPG

uhoh.gif

The caption is "Inside many locker rooms you can find a clear and present danger"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/c...hitlock-091610

fir3fox

Reaction score
At times Whitlock can stray off the farm, but overall I enjoy reading his point of view.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
This is what happens when people are forced to pretend that men and women are exactly the same.

+1,000,000 on so many different levels.

I don't claim to have any brilliant solutions to successful integration of workplaces between men and women but I do know that 150 years or so of feminism is not going to be undoing the innumerable years of biological conditioning any time soon, no matter how civil or refined we think we may have become.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
****, why do the players need to shower and primp before speaking to reporters?

because they just finished sweating for a few hours and probably smell like ****? They are also getting ready to go home after a day's work and maybe they don't want the missus/girlfriend smelling their sweaty ass before they even walk through the door?

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I don't think it's necessarily the media's fault...at least not entirely. Look at sports audiences. These are, in part, made up of people whose lives hang on sports, who take them way too seriously (and I'm saying this as a hockey nut). These are the same people who will watch pre- and post-game shows that are longer than the ******* games themselves. Members of these audiences want to know what happened, how it happened, and why it happened right now.

Doesn't matter.

No media should be allowed in locker rooms, period. The NFL is responsible for letting the media do interviews in there.

They should do it like they used to and how NBA (as well as other sports) does it, do it RIGHT on the field and AFTER the showers.

It's ridiculous to make players do interviews in locker rooms and even more for females to ask for "equality" when clearly, men would NEVER be allowed in women locker rooms.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
Doesn't matter.

No media should be allowed in locker rooms, period. The NFL is responsible for letting the media do interviews in there.

They should do it like they used to and how NBA (as well as other sports) does it, do it RIGHT on the field and AFTER the showers.

It's ridiculous to make players do interviews in locker rooms and even more for females to ask for "equality" when clearly, men would NEVER be allowed in women locker rooms.

I agree with you, and I'm aware that the NFL is also responsible. I should have clarified earlier that they are just as eager as the media outlets themselves to get interviews out so that fans stay tuned.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
because they just finished sweating for a few hours and probably smell like ****? They are also getting ready to go home after a day's work and maybe they don't want the missus/girlfriend smelling their sweaty ass before they even walk through the door?

How about spend 30 minutes talking to reporters then head to the locker room?

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about spend 30 minutes talking to reporters then head to the locker room?
Or, how about the media wait until they finish showering and dressing and then doing an interview? Point is, the beast (media, pop culture curiosity) must be fed. That's why Ines Sainz is in TV as opposed to tax law in Spain--there's a bigger market for it. She was cool with the catcalls (former beauty pageant contestant, so it ain't new), but felt somewhat off-put--not her first time in a locker room. The rest of the media went ape-****. Thank God for Braylon Edwards to distract from this mess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads