• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Closet sale: Grenfell classic duffle coat (navy); Helly Hansen hooded parka (black)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep buying new clothes but my closet does not seem to expand accordingly, hence this sale. I've had both for about a year and wore them sparingly during last winter season. They are in very good condition with no specific identifiable flaw (e.g. holes, rip, worn out area, discoloration...)

Grenfell navy duffle coat 100% wool. Made in England. Real horn toggle. Hood can be adjusted with buttoned tabs (see pic). Color is a dark navy (see close-up pictures)

44 is the tagged size. Fits large for a 44 unless worn over a suit or big sweater. Measurements laying flat: shoulders: 21.5", length: 40", sleeves:25"

$75 shipped to CONUS, or best offer
DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

Helly Hansen black winter hooded parka with (faux?)fur trim 100% nylon; goose filler. Multiple useful pockets and details (e.g. area under the arm can be zip opened for air circulation). 2-way zipper. Hood and collar are lined with fleece. Pockets as well. Hood is removable.

XXL is the tagged size. Measurements laying flat: shoulders: 22", length: 37", sleeves:27"

$50 shipped to CONUS, or best offer
DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0026o.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maxnharry
PM sent for the Grenfell
No PM received on my end...

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grenfell duffle coat on hold.

Anyone interested at all in the HH jacket? Send me an offer if you are - I really need to make space in my closet

Havard

Reaction score
bigstar[1].gif
I am new to the forum, so greetings to everyone!
I am a size 44 and very interested in buying the Grenfell coat, if it is still available. But, as just mentioned, I am brand new to the forum and don't know how to make arrangements for the purchase. So, gdl203, please e-mail me with your sales arrangements if the coat is still available. Thanks!!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Havard
bigstar[1].gif
I am new to the forum, so greetings to everyone!
I am a size 44 and very interested in buying the Grenfell coat, if it is still available. But, as just mentioned, I am brand new to the forum and don't know how to make arrangements for the purchase. So, gdl203, please e-mail me with your sales arrangements if the coat is still available. Thanks!!

Sorry Havard - the duffle coat was sold a week ago.

The HH jacket was dropped at the thrift shop since I received no offers at all

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased the coat-it's beautiful, but I really have too many so am reselling it for $75. PM me if interested.

gdl203 said:
I keep buying new clothes but my closet does not seem to expand accordingly, hence this sale. I've had both for about a year and wore them sparingly during last winter season. They are in very good condition with no specific identifiable flaw (e.g. holes, rip, worn out area, discoloration...)

Grenfell navy duffle coat 100% wool. Made in England. Real horn toggle. Hood can be adjusted with buttoned tabs (see pic). Color is a dark navy (see close-up pictures)

44 is the tagged size. Fits large for a 44 unless worn over a suit or big sweater. Measurements laying flat: shoulders: 21.5", length: 40", sleeves:25"

$75 shipped to CONUS, or best offer
DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should send an email to Havard (see above) - he was interested in buying it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads