1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Closet Photo Contest - Win one of Three $250 Hanger Project Gift Certificates

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kirbya, Nov 19, 2012.

1. kirbya

kirbya Well-Known Member

I've looked into the idea of cedar boxes. Only problem I keep running into is that they'd be around $100 (I'd have to have them made here in the States - couldn't justify volume to have them made in China).

I am working on a very nice cardboard (but very high-quality cardboard) sweater storage box. I'm working on finding really nice hardware for the front file-card holder. Something similar to below:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The first two would be a furniture-quality plated file card holders. A little expensive... but very nice.

The second option is a less expensive option that is black. This would probably enable a single hardware option since it would eliminate the brass vs. chrome coordination conflict. It's also much more simple and, therefore, would allow for a less expensive box. Retail would probably be in the $50 range...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. thegreatgatsby

thegreatgatsby Well-Known Member

deleted

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  3. ahdaeeeee

ahdaeeeee Well-Known Member

Hi Guys!

I'm new to SF but I've been following the forum for a while now. Things are getting interesting here haha!

So here's my walk-in wardrobe for the contest...

[​IMG]

Viewed from the front. Been only working for 9 months, therefore my t-shirts still outnumber my working shirts/suits. Left side of the wardrobe consists of 3 separate module. In picture (from top to bottom) my toys, ties & cuffs, jeans & khakis and towels & sweatpants. Hanged from top are suits & blazers, bottom are t-shirts/jerseys and work shirts.

[​IMG]

Side module #1 & 2 with movable full sized mirror (partially seen). From top to bottom again, toys (jesus action figure protects dirt and dust) and hats, belts & t-shirts/polos, t-shirts/socks & underwears in drawers, shorts and bags. I'm sure you guys are wondering where the shoes are... In Indonesia, we do not wear shoes in or around the house, so I have them kept downstairs in another closet.

4. A Canuker

A Canuker Well-Known Member

Lady Canuker and I spent a fair amount of time, effort and money converting a spair bedroom of our smaller house into a nice walk in and then we promptly got pregnant. I had to dismantle it all and move the pieces to our master bedroom which is now cramped and annoying. I wish I had pictures of that brief 2 months, it was nice...sigh.

This said I won a collection of Hanger project hangers a few years back and I have always loved and enjoyed them. I use two of the larger ones in my office so I can admire them, best hangers I have and a great prize for whomever wins.

5. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Well-Known Member

Glad to see more people are contributing, this makes me happy.
    Kirby, thank you for your kind words, you are doing a fine job at PR for your company, just for this reason I am going to be a loyal customer of yours.

-Sand

6. bucksfan

bucksfan Well-Known Member

I submitted mine tonight. I didn't do any prep, just walked in with a camera, and started shooting. Be gentile. A little background - my wife is a stay-at-home mom to two children, so that's why her t-shirts and jeans are hung up (that's the majority of her current wardrobe). And, in the canvas suit holders are my 5 suits (in one) and another 5 sport coats and blazers (in the other). Slacks are hung on two pant trolleys you can barely see. Shoes are on on of the 6 cedar shoe racks under the clothes.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

I just need to do some laundry so I can take a picture and post it. These closets are great so far.

8. Owen Meany

Owen Meany Well-Known Member

A mess, but here it is...[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. kirbya

kirbya Well-Known Member

That's funny. The entire reason my wife and I re-did our closets is because she's pregnant (due Dec. 21 with our first child!). Because she has taken over our entire master bedroom closet (to her credit - it is rather small), I was pushed into our second bedroom's closet. Now that this is slated to become the nursery, I now have to share my closet! So, what to do other than have new closets installed!

I'll send pics later today.

10. Dan e gee

Dan e gee Well-Known Member

Why would someone with a massive fully fitted walk in closet and, more to the point, the clothes to fill it need a $250 gift voucher?

1 person likes this.
  11. Jhors2

Jhors2 Well-Known Member

Congrats Kirby! I wish your family and your new child a great delivery and health!

12. A Canuker

A Canuker Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!! By far the best post in this thread:)

13. dufferin1

dufferin1 Well-Known Member

Fantastic contest. Gives an opportunity for everyone to share their closet regardless of age (its tough being a college student!)

14. Jester87

Jester87 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was thinking this as well. Still, nice pics in this thread.

15. ilsa

ilsa Member

Although I have more estrogen than testosterone, I have often visited these forums to research wardrobe topics for my husband and my son. I have even purchased from the classified section, and have found SF members to be overwhelmingly pleasant and welcoming. Shoe boxes are a topic that is near and dear to my heart, and since there is some organizational overlap between the sexes, I feel quite comfortable sharing with you a photo of the boxes I use to store my shoes.

If anyone would like more specifics on these boxes, feel free to PM me. I requested mine as a birthday gift from my husband and chose the high-gloss lavender boxes from http://www.closetfetish.com/about. I am attaching a photo taken when I was in the process of photographing the shoes and transferring them into these fabulous boxes. Since then, they have been incorporated into three different closets in the house. It's been a few years since I've done this, and unfortunately, I have had several of the photo frames fall off the end panels of their respective boxes, so I need to get some appropriate glue and reattach them.

I had the original version of these shoeboxes, which were shipped as rigid tops and bottoms. Since then, the creator has modified the box design so that the boxes ship flat and snap together upon arrival. I'm not sure if she is still producing them or whether she is simply selling off her existing stock. They were very well designed, by a true shoe lover. They were high enough to accommodate 4-inch heels in the standing position, which is important with fabrics like velvet, suede or satin where the finishes are compromised if the shoes are stored on their side. The interior of the box is lined with a contrasting color, which makes them even more beautiful to use. My lavender boxes are lined with a plum colored finish. I think the price point was $20 per box, at the time I acquired these.

I have since seen another producer who has copied the photo frame feature, but designed the photo end as a drop-down flap, so that the shoes in boxes at the bottom of a stack could be more easily accessed. My boxes can only be accessed by removing the lid. This can be a bit of a pain when the box you want to access is located near the bottom of a tall stack of shoeboxes.

I did enter the contest, in the hope that I might be one of the random winners. My husband's suit jackets are too large to fit on traditional wooden suit hangers, and they get that unfortunate bend in the fabric where the hanger ends too abruptly.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

Well, my submission is late but here nonetheless:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  17. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Well-Known Member

Good luck everyone :bigstar:

18. kirbya

kirbya Well-Known Member

Nice! Thanks everyone for your participation!

19. kirbya

kirbya Well-Known Member

Okay... time for pictures of my closet. I just had these redone to create room for my (future) son's clothing... so there is a lot of empty rod space.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.