• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Closest fit to RRDS of Japanese Repro...

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
I've looked around and keep coming back to nudie RRDS as the best fitting denim I've ever owned.

But I dislike they're heavy-handed branding.

If I walked into BlueinGreen tomorrow.... what brand/fit would be the closest thing to RRDS. Wouldn't mind a straight leg either versus boot.

Thanks!

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about you walk in Blue in Green tomorrow, try some stuff on, and then come back and let us all know? If you don't like the branding on Nudies, rip the stitches out.

Max

Reaction score
Why don't you walkin into BiG and ask them?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
deja vu

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=28161

inlove.gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff
I've looked around and keep coming back to nudie RRDS as the best fitting denim I've ever owned. But I dislike they're heavy-handed branding. If I walked into BlueinGreen tomorrow.... what brand/fit would be the closest thing to RRDS. Wouldn't mind a straight leg either versus boot. Thanks!
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind giving advice when I have the time. For people living in a small market, especially, this type of questions is quite warranted, although I do wish that people used our rather good search function more often. However... it seems that since you are based in NYC, you could get a better idea of things just my going into Blue in Green, especially after 6 p.m. or so when Gordon is there, and getting them o hook you up. I think that John Bull, and maybe Fullcount, are your best bets, but that is just from the online inventory. They have stuff on the floor that is not online. For example, the JB SewingChop SC007 just went up, and I got those jeans from Gordon in October of something. Just something to keep in mind...

Good luck.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff
I've looked around and keep coming back to nudie RRDS as the best fitting denim I've ever owned.

But I dislike they're heavy-handed branding.

If I walked into BlueinGreen tomorrow.... what brand/fit would be the closest thing to RRDS. Wouldn't mind a straight leg either versus boot.

Thanks!

I think the fit of Nudie RR's is ****! I mean why would you want to reproduce that with another brand, i think it would be odd to have any other brand denim with that type of fit. just take the stitching out if you dont like it.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I don't mind giving advice when I have the time. For people living in a small market, especially, this type of questions is quite warranted, although I do wish that people used our rather good search function more often. However... it seems that since you are based in NYC, you could get a better idea of things just my going into Blue in Green, especially after 6 p.m. or so when Gordon is there, and getting them o hook you up. I think that John Bull, and maybe Fullcount, are your best bets, but that is just from the online inventory. They have stuff on the floor that is not online. For example, the JB SewingChop SC007 just went up, and I got those jeans from Gordon in October of something. Just something to keep in mind... Good luck.
thanks dude... work/life time constraints do not permit me to casually peruse boutique shops in soho on a regular basis. I'm not in the city on the weekends. So living in NYC doesn't mean getting down to BIG is as easy as it seems.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
I think the fit of Nudie RR's is ****! I mean why would you want to reproduce that with another brand, i think it would be odd to have any other brand denim with that type of fit. just take the stitching out if you dont like it.

why is it ****? please provide rationale for such a statement.

blee017

Reaction score
I don't own RRDS but I heard that 5EP low down boot is pretty close in fit with much better overall quality.
It's not Japanese but at $150, they are cheaper than RRDS, too.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blee017
I don't own RRDS but I heard that 5EP low down boot is pretty close in fit with much better overall quality.
It's not Japanese but at $150, they are cheaper than RRDS, too.

5EP LDB isn't that close to RRDS. The 5EP has a more relaxed seat and more fitted legs than the Nudie which is just a more or less average fit all around IMO. RRDS also has 1" lower rise.

billyhoyle

Reaction score
i love how people on this forum act like it takes more of an effort to answer this dude's question than to make a snarky comment. this is a fashion forum, if you can help him out, try being a nice person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads