• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clogged nose

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm suffering from a clogged nose for the past 2 months. I know I should've gone to a doctor, but somehow I haven't. I don't think its allergies, and it seems more clogged when I'm in a room with airconditioning.

help!

kaiimac

Reaction score
Neti pot/sinus wash 3x a day. Trust me! You can also use Ibuprofen and Pseudoephedrine to help decongest.

Gassyndrome

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kaiimac
Neti pot/sinus wash 3x a day. Trust me! You can also use Ibuprofen and Pseudoephedrine to help decongest.

+ 1. Have been doing the neti pot since Christmas and it has been hugely beneficial. I used to sneeze more than 20 or 30 times a day, but it has almost gone away now.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll bet Charlie Sheen's nose isn't clogged.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
I'm suffering from a clogged nose for the past 2 months. I know I should've gone to a doctor, but somehow I haven't. I don't think its allergies, and it seems more clogged when I'm in a room with airconditioning.

help!

just go to the ENT doc already... you may have polyps or an anatomical cause thats new. decongestants will only help out so much if so.

actually any doc that has a nasal speculum will be able to see if there's an anatomical cause.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OP obviously has nasal cancer.

Seriously, just go to a friggin' doctor already. It's not an emergency, so don't clog up the ER, just schedule a visit with your family doctor.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless anatomical or polyps, its a sinus infection that would require antibiotics to knock it out.
Moisturise your sinuses after you have it cured+use dehumidifiers. See a doctor.

fromageball

Reaction score
ginger tea: grate a couple tbsp ginger into boiling water. let brew for 20-40 minutes. lemon or lime is good too and some honey. i've been drinking that for the past week or so and haven't had to take any sudafed!

roundabout

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gassyndrome
+ 1. Have been doing the neti pot since Christmas and it has been hugely beneficial. I used to sneeze more than 20 or 30 times a day, but it has almost gone away now.

Neti pot or Neil Med sinus rinse work wonders. once/twice a day when you're really stuffed up, and can also up the concentration a bit. Cheap, and has solved my congestion problems.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
alright thanks guys. think its time again for me to visit my ent... I just don't like his clinic hours thats all. also did the neti pot thing yesterday, with an old tea pot, and it did ease up the clogging. thanks again, gents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads