• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cloaks and capes

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahah this is a new form of "Try Hard" that I haven't experienced yet.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw someone wearing a cape today. The group were all dressed up, coming back from the synagogue/some sort of Rosh Hashanah celebration, and one of the guys was wearing a sort of short woolen cape thing (sort of like just the shoulder cape bit on a Inverness overcoat). Don't know if it had any religious connotation, but I don't think so (he was just wearing a regular suit underneath). He looked pretty cool, and actually, it didn't seem bizarre.

Around Oxford, I think you could probably get away with a dark coloured long cloak. The sight of an academic gown is common enough that as long as the wasn't some sort of massive chest clasp, a cloak wouldn't seem TOO out of place I think. You never know, one day I might just try it (I had a friend draw up some some proper sketches for a cloak-like overcoat that I intend to commission one day).

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
as long as the wasn't some sort of massive chest clasp

But this is 90% of the appeal!!!

LeonM

Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 84 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 139 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%