• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cliff Lee is a stud

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Texas Rangers win their first playoff series in franchise history (49 years, going all the way back to the Washington Senators), mainly on the back of Cliff Lee.

120 pitches tonight. 90 were strikes. Complete game (who does that anymore?) 11 K's, no walks.

The best team in the AL during the regular season had no chance tonight. What a performance.

Bring on the Yankees.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
roy halladay...cole hamels...recently.

Pretty short list.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
He's incredible. Like Josh Beckett in October, but better.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
after the yankees beat the rangers they should just leave cliff lee in ny and toss him a yankee jersey to take on the phillies

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cliff Lee is the man. I was sad to see him go.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
He's incredible. Like Josh Beckett in October, but better.

i miss that beckett person you speak of... i'm afraid he might not exist anymore, but since the sawx signed him to a huge extension i may see atrophy happen.

cliff lee is just so efficient.

he's actually doctoring the ball (its an insider secret he either uses a ton of spf70 sunscreen on his arms or a clear tar stickum) but its something 40% of pitchers do anyway. doctored or not its his efficiency that you see from guys like david wells in the past (where they will just break out those weird 91mph cutters that even sink right into the K-zone - the obvious signs of super grip).

you know the yankees are ******** their pants thinking about seeing Lee 3 times.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
roy halladay...cole hamels...recently.
Lincecum too. Sabathia is also a horse. The pitching in the final four is just awesome.How would you guys rank the 4 aces left in the playoffs? I'd go:

1. Halladay
2. Lee
3. Lincecum
4. Sabathia

All are good enough to beat any of the others on any given day. I could actually rank the last 3 in any order. Halladay stands out as the best but not by a huge margin.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD

you know the yankees are ******** their pants thinking about seeing Lee 3 times.

Lee will only go 2X max in that series. He never pitches on short rest (not once in his career in fact.)

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't be surprised if the pitched lee on short rest if needed. remember nolan ryan and ron washington are old school and won't hesitate to do it.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would be very surprised. He didn't do it any previous series because it's known that he can't really go on short rest. I heard Buster Olney say that just today in a podcast.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lee and Sabathia were ours first!

frown.gif
frown.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Lincecum too. Sabathia is also a horse. The pitching in the final four is just awesome.How would you guys rank the 4 aces left in the playoffs? I'd go: 1. Halladay 2. Lee 3. Lincecum 4. Sabathia All are good enough to beat any of the others on any given day. I could actually rank the last 3 in any order. Halladay stands out as the best but not by a huge margin.
I'd go Halladay, Lincecum, Lee, then Sabathia.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
ffffuuuu.gif

Gonna be a lot harder next year without Crawford, et. al.

Could you imagine the original configuration of that team's line up. If everything had gone according to plan it would have been Crawford, Baldelli, Hamilton, Young.

That's an incredible 2-5 portion of the line up. Also, people forget they picked up Pena off the A's scrap heap. Crazy huh? Navarro was supposed to be a stud but fizzled.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads