• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cleverley appreciation thread

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me decipher the writing and does anyone know if they were made by Cleverley or if it was one of the other English shoemakers
C23E1B2C-14A4-49AF-9F84-C80DF537BA78.jpeg
8CF798A1-3F6B-4536-8E8C-FD4353B4B370.jpeg

Terrence O'Connor

Reaction score
@Terrence O'Connor Nice! Those the Adams? Also how is the fit? True to size?
Sorry I don’t know the names. I just meet Mr. Glasgow in his hotel suite, point out the style, tell him the color, wether leather or suede and a few months later “ Bob’s your uncle”.
The fit has always ben perfect and the shoes are always comfortable right out of the box. I don’t know about “true to size”, I just rely on whatever size they feel is right for the particular shoe selected. Cheers

Maximus Rex

Reaction score
Sorry I don’t know the names. I just meet Mr. Glasgow in his hotel suite, point out the style, tell him the color, wether leather or suede and a few months later “ Bob’s your uncle”.
The fit has always ben perfect and the shoes are always comfortable right out of the box. I don’t know about “true to size”, I just rely on whatever size they feel is right for the particular shoe selected. Cheers
@Terrence O'Connor Thanks for the reply. What I meant by "true to size" is do you take your usual shoe size?

Terrence O'Connor

Reaction score
I seem to take a different size depending on the style; loafer or lace up. Shoes from other brands are different sizes. I don’t buy shoes without trying them on, so I can’t say I have a “ usual size”.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So apparently (educated guess), when the Sargent factory shut down, they sold off a whole bunch of RTW GC pairs at heavy discount. They're now floating around ebay at knockdown prices.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy