clemens on the hill

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DouggiePhresh, Feb 13, 2008.

1. DouggiePhresh

DouggiePhresh Well-Known Member

Clemens is testifying right now. He definitely needs a good Windsor with that shirt.

2. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

NYTimes is streaming the hearing.

3. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

coming into this hearing i thought clemens was guilty but i didnt realize shady mcmanee was ........ I cant decide!!!

4. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I don't think it matters how big a slimeball McManee is; Pettitte's affadavit will prove to be the Rocket's downfall. Bringing McManee to the table is just to show the world the dregs of society Clemens hangs out with. Further damaging his rep.

'Fraid Roger can kiss the HOF good bye.

5. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

I don't think it matters how big a slimeball McManee is; Pettitte's affadavit will prove to be the Rocket's downfall. Bringing McManee to the table is just to show the world the dregs of society Clemens hangs out with. Further damaging his rep.

If Bonds gets in, then so does Clemens. Both would've gone anyway based on their pre-roid numbers. Both have been complete douchebags in how they've handled this.

6. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

What seals it for me is that Clemens is claiming that his wife not only took HGH, but that she got it from Brian McNamee, all without his knowledge. McNamee is a shady character in his own right, but I'm just not buying what Roger is selling.

7. DouggiePhresh

Guily before proven innocent? [​IMG]

8. sonick

sonick Senior member

Maybe its because I'm not familiar with the American legal system, or for baseball, but what does it have to do with law and the government if they took steroids? Isn't it purely a matter of baseball and the MLB?

9. DouggiePhresh

Maybe its because I'm not familiar with the American legal system, or for baseball, but what does it have to do with law and the government if they took steroids? Isn't it purely a matter of baseball and the MLB?

100% correct.

10. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

Well, he is under oath legally. So if he is lying, thing he can be found guilty for perjury.

I think he's lying. There are too many people's word against his own.

11. sonick

sonick Senior member

Well, he is under oath legally. So if he is lying, thing he can be found guilty for perjury.

I think he's lying. There are too many people's word against his own.

But why was he forced to testify under oath in the first place?

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Steroids are still a controlled substance, no?

13. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

^Yes. Whether Congress ought to be devoting time to such bullshit grandstanding is one thing. But they certainly have the legal authority and at least some ostensibly revevant reasons for "investigating". There are allegations of illegal sales of controlled substances. Plus, there's the whole "we might have to consider revoking your antitrust exemption" thing.

14. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

^Yes. Whether Congress ought to be devoting time to such bullshit grandstanding is one thing. But they certainly have the legal authority and at least some ostensibly revevant reasons for "investigating". There are allegations of illegal sales of controlled substances. Plus, there's the whole "we might have to consider revoking your antitrust exemption" thing.

I haven't follow this closely, but Pettite's testimony that Clemens admitted to him that he'd used HGH seems pretty damning. Clemens' explanation is that Pettite "misheard" him? Pretty weak.

Full disclosure: even before this stuff broke I considered Clemens to be an ass, so I'm probably predisclosed to disbelieve him.

Crap -- hit "quote" when I meant to hit "edit".

15. sonick

sonick Senior member

Steroids are still a controlled substance, no?

Ah, gotcha... The issue was I thought it was legal in the first place, considering all the juiced up meatheads at the gym you see.