• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Up until last year, I have been using an electric Norelco razor to shave. Sure, it didn't provide the closest shave, but it was quick and convenient. After that I switched to the Gillette Fusion razor, which was amazing, minus the fact that my hairs would always get stuck in between the blades. Just rinsing it would not get them out; I have to use a q-tip/toilet paper at times.
Now, I switched it up to the Schick Quattro. This problem is worse than ever. My hairs fill up the spaces in between the blades and I end up getting the spottiest shave job. Rinsing isn't getting them out, and neither is wiping down the blade. It is getting REALLY annoying.

To all you razor users, is there some kind of unspoken technique to get the hairs out from between the blades? Please help me, I don't want to go back to using an electric razor!

highball

Reaction score
Easy. Shave with one of these:

cudeman-bowie-knife-45806.jpg

You will no longer have this problem.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fill your sink with hot water and rinse the razor in it after every stroke. If this doesn't work, try a different soap/gel. And if that still doesn't work, you've got really thick hair or something.

modern_leifeng

Reaction score
For those that might not come out easily, I find a q-tip can usually do the trick.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shave every day.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the schick to the be the worst at trapping hair. I like the heft of the razors, but hate the hair thing. Its just one of those inevitable annoyances as they keep sticking blades closer and closer (what are they going to do next 7 blades?) I switched from a gillette fusion back to a mach 3 turbo (for a # of reasons) and can honestly tell you that it seems to get less hair stuck...

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put your thumb against the faucet outlet and make a narrow jet of water shoot out. Stick your razor blades under the jet and it will clean them out. I have been doing this for the entire time that I have been shaving (about 25 years) and it has always worked.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Push your thumb along the cartridge going with the grain of the blades (ie, the one direction where you won't cut yourself) while you rinse the razor.

youngScholar

Reaction score

Cognacad

Reaction score
If you shave every day or two the hair shouldn't be long enough to really get caught, especially on the fusion. Is the water pressure from the tap too low? Also, rinse from the back of the razor and then the front. Works for me every-time no problem.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree -- I think it's your shaving cream, not the hair or the razor itself. What are you using?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads