1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cleansing With Urine

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Nosu3, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

Hello to everyone. I'd like to see if anyone here is applying urine to the skin for cleansing and moisturizing. Urea is the main chemical in urine and is beneficial to the skin and commonly used in skin care products but in an artificial form. The artificial urea can be irritating, with other issues and is a higher concentration. Why waste money on artificial products when you can have a more natural treatment by urinating on your own face? It helps balance the PH levels and promotes natural moisturizing without excess oil.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  2. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

they don't call it a golden shower for nothin'

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

As soon as I saw this thread title I knew you had started it.

5. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

I'm actually rather curious about this. I don't have time to delve in to a fuck ton of journals and articles, but does anyone who knows anything about bio, chem, biochem, dermatology, etc. have any thoughts on any of this?

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

You must only collect the urine mid-stream, it is of vital importance.

7. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Is this your way of saying you pissed yourself?

No, I haven't, I know urine is sterile and all that but it just sounds horrid.

8. 7AD

7AD Active Member

urine is waste, i really doubt it's as beneficial as you make it out to be.

9. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

The components are what makes it beneficial, whether or not it's considered waste. Unfertilized eggs are a waste product but they are eaten. Urea is medically recognized to have skin benefits.

10. D Yizz

D Yizz Senior member

You beat me to it! lol

11. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Paging marc37 to H&B. mark37, H&B. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  12. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

How poor do you have to be to consider using piss as a moisturizer? Jesus effing C, get a goddamn job and buy a bottle of Jergen's like a civilized human being you filthy beggar.

13. ysc

ysc Senior member

I did biology undergrad, but I admit I can't claim to be an expert in this area.

Urea does have a bunch of useful properties, it is chemically produced in large quantities for a range of uses, including cosmetics. I am not convinced rubbing piss on your face is going to do that much for you though, urine is not just urea. Urine pH is different from skin pH I think, so I am not sure about Nosus ph balancing claim.

It wouldn't do you you any harm, apart from the obvious - you would smell of wee.

I did conservation work in the rainforest for a bit and a few people got this fungus growing on their hands - just looked like a thin layer of dirt - and were told the only thing to delay its spread till we got back to a place with a proper hospital was to piss on their hands every day. No idea if it actually worked or if the locals were just having us on.

1 person likes this.
  14. 7AD

7AD Active Member

That may be so. However, the Macrobiotic diet, for example, is widely accepted to be useful for combating cancer yet people still don't wish to partake in it. This can be correlated to applying urine to ones face.

15. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

I'm interested in it for effectiveness, not budgeting. I've spent money on skin care products and it was all a waste. The only one's I've liked are castor oil, jojoba oil and witch hazel. Urine is used as an astringent and for acne. It has antimicrobial/bacterial properties too. Jergens is probably nothing but artificial and harmful chemicals.

With a proper diet and hydration there should be no odor. Try rinsing after with cold water if you are having that problem. I stopped using apple cider vinegar as an astringent because of the odor.

16. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Pro MMA fighter Lyoto Machida drinks his urine. He says it has a lot of benefits to your immune system. You should try that too.

17. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

No thanks.

18. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

I'm not going to "try it" because I have no reason to. This thread is mainly about topical use but I did see some information on urine therapy. It said fighters, body builders and such drink it for whatever benefits like the one you mentioned. Here's an introductory video:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

19. Star

Star Senior member

does the urine need to refrigerated after opening?

20. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Just collect mid-stream and you're good.