1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cleaning Wingtips

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shoes22, Jun 19, 2006.

1. shoes22

shoes22 Well-Known Member

I have a pair of suede and leather mix wingtips. Should I polish them like normal on the leather and brush the suede? Should I apply cream only? Do I need to take these to a proffessional for cleaning? Please let me know any tricks. Thanks.

2. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Should I polish them like normal on the leather and brush the suede?
    Yes, just be careful that you don't slip up and get shoe cream on the suede parts. Use a cloth ond your fingers, rather than a brush.

Give the shoes, suede and leather, a good coating with a suede protection spray.

3. Teacher

Teacher Stylish Dinosaur

There's really no trick to this (that I know of, at any rate), just care. Use creams and waxes sparingly. I suggest using a brush for removal to make certain to get the cream/wax out of the broguing.