• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cleaning suede

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got some vomit stains on my suede jacket last night. no it is not my own. can anyone here give some advice on removing these? dry cleaning is not an option as they've always returned my suede items worse than when i left them. thanks in advance.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Try a damp cloth or sponge. If this doesn't work, you might use a firm toothbrush soaked in vinegar. Afterwards, dab the stain with a clean dry rag. One final technique that a lot of people recommend is to place talcum powder over the stain and let the powder stay in overnight to absorb it. Good luck with that. And sorry about your misfortune.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, when you get suede wet the finish gets matted down and doesn't look as nice. You should be able to pick up a suede brush at a good shoe or clothing store, or on ebay, which should restore the brushed finish.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the stains came out with a little vinegar but the vinegar has changed the color of the suede. the jacket is wearable though. i'm going to see if a suede brush will help. thanks for the advice.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
I hope it hasn't changed so much so that it'd be noticeable without close observation.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's just a few dark spots on the right sleeve, but luckily i have some dark spots that the dry cleaner left on the left sleeve, so at least they balance out.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy